Development Projects Outside of Downtown Durham

rancenc

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2022 at 3:48 PM, rancenc said:

Technically, they are completed.  Mice project though. 

BTW, any word on the start if ATC expansion?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I was just about to post that. This could be a very nice project. I didn’t realize that it is owned by Brookfield, which is a huge and very powerful developer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@SydneyCarton I was in the same boat as you!!  @KJHburg has his contacts for quick postings! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, rancenc said:

@SydneyCarton I was in the same boat as you!!  @KJHburg has his contacts for quick postings! 😁

I read the Triangle Biz Journal daily and in print too.  I like the Quadrangle Raleigh Durham Cary Chapel Hill and I hoping they combine the metro back together as the area is larger than metro Nashville.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I read the Triangle Biz Journal daily and in print too.  I like the Quadrangle Raleigh Durham Cary Chapel Hill and I hoping they combine the metro back together as the area is larger than metro Nashville.  

The Triangle is fine, though I much prefer Charlotte and look forward to moving back when I retire.

That being said, it’s ridiculous that Ch Hill/Durham/Raleigh aren’t one metro area for statistical purposes. They are, in reality, one metro.

P.S.: What’s going on?

d3a29d46087ac5917d7aafa9897c659d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 11:02 AM, KJHburg said:

another story on Streets of Southpoint from Axios.

70% of the shoppers come from outside Durham County that is very interesting.

https://www.axios.com/local/raleigh/2023/06/22/southpoint-mall-rezoning-mixed-development-durham

It has the only Nordstrom, and a couple other unique stores in the triangle so of course it draw lots of customers from Wake county and surrounding. It's also probably the nicest mall in the triangle in my opinion.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2023 at 11:02 AM, KJHburg said:

another story on Streets of Southpoint from Axios.

70% of the shoppers come from outside Durham County that is very interesting.

https://www.axios.com/local/raleigh/2023/06/22/southpoint-mall-rezoning-mixed-development-durham

But I wonder if virtually all of them come from CH, which is obviously in Orange Cty.

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

But I wonder if virtually all of them come from CH, which is obviously in Orange Cty.

my cousin lives in southern Wake County in Fuquay and goes over there more than any other mall in the region.  yes orange county makes up a chunk of their business I am sure since there is no options at all in orange county.  Raleigh obviously has some malls but there are unique stores and the nordstrom is a powerful draw to SofS. 

• Like 3

I think that most people in Wake County go to Crabtree Valley and  North Hills (at least the part across Six Forks where the Peloton is).  The new shopping complex in Cary is really nice too.  

It’s ridiculous that CH doesn’t allow chain stores and loses tons of revenue to Durham and Wake Counties.    CH is developing rapidly and is becoming dense.  It will be even more so with the new rezoning that passed this week.  It’s not a quaint college town. (I wish it were.)

Lastly, I’m surprised that the Triangle doesn’t have high-end stores like SouthPark.  It appears that the two regions are equally prosperous.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, KJHburg said:

was looking for more information on this expansion of Streets of Southpoint.  I hope this is the plan to knock down the former Sears store and build these apartments.  

https://www.dwelldesignstudio.com/projects/streets-at-southpoint-phase2

this looks great and just want any mall needs more housing. 

DWELL_StreetsSouthpoint_CAM_02_3K (1).jpg

DWELL_StreetsSouthpoint_CAM_01_3K.jpg

DWELL_StreetsSouthpoint_CAM_02_3K.jpg

I saw that somewhere.. I’m pretty sure that’s it.  It looks a lot like Fenton in Cary and like the new addition to the University Mall in CH.

• 2 months later...