Camden Exchange (site of 1600 Camden + Prices Chicken) - Apartment Tower W/ 291 units

atlrvr

1 minute ago, CLT Development said:

The sooner ya'll realize that apartment towers are just math formulas the better. This is the case nearly worldwide unless you are looking at super luxury apartment towers, they sometimes have character. 

This is exactly right. Especially with the big apartment companies, it's all just a spreadsheet tuned to maximize efficiency. Good developers will know their costs down to the penny.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

The sooner ya'll realize that apartment towers are just math formulas the better. This is the case nearly worldwide unless you are looking at super luxury apartment towers, they sometimes have character. 

Agreed! For me it's about creating density more than an iconic design. I want our retail options to go up a level. I hate going to other cities and seeing so many wonderful retail options in its urban core, while we have pretty basic options (i.e. - everything at the metropolitan outside of TJs and a couple restaurants). We deserve better and Southenders/Uptowners are ready!

Edit: And by retail I mean clothing and apparel options. 

Edited by ClassicColtrane

5 hours ago, CLT Development said:

We know this....but what's wrong with us for wanting a bit of character....for once. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, CLT Development said:

I mean, in some cities, they’re also partially the result of regulatory requirements and community design standards as well.  

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, j-man said:

We know this....but what's wrong with us for wanting a bit of character....for once. :rolleyes:

Again, Charlotte is top heavy with iconic towers. It’s ok to have filler. These “for once” comments are nonsense, unless you’re only referring to apartment buildings- which of course, are never iconic architecture. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Again, Charlotte is top heavy with iconic towers. It’s ok to have filler. These “for once” comments are nonsense, unless you’re only referring to apartment buildings- which of course, are never iconic architecture. 

Completely agree! And obvs the definition of "iconic" can differ from person to person, but I'm really in love with the designs of Portman Southend and Ascent Southend. I think both are damn good!

Edited by ClassicColtrane

29 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Here's a higher quality/enhanced detailed version from the same angle.

I like the dark facade with the glass. Maybe it's just me, but I don't know of many apartment towers that have that kind of mixture. Feel free to retort if there are some. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Im speaking of pretty much all towers. Of course not BofA and a few others but that’s about it. Most all of them look like anywhereville. Just saying.

7 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Here's a higher quality/enhanced detailed version from the same angle.

camdenexchange_tower.thumb.jpg.e4a5dbcfef75a39c9ab6e2d3d0bc5136.jpg

Ok see this looks better. I wanted more material instead of glass which I didn’t see in the other as much. Just saying I wasn’t making a big deal. Just saying that.

• Like 2