Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

Jacksonville Beach construction pics - 4/04/05

Aquilus

aquilus8yg.jpg

Avenue Four (An identical project called Avenue 4 South is going up across the street)

avenuefour6ps.jpg

recently completed 19th Street Condo

19thstreetcondosfront11wq.jpg

Costa Verano starting to rise

costaverano1xw.jpg

Lorelei site, with the Costa Verano going up in the background

lorelei1ik.jpg

This is a hideous looking condo project

lasolas0nw.jpg

The Metropolitan is a great example of urban mid-rise construction in Jax Beach

metropolitan6zh.jpg

The North Shore starting to go vertical

northshorecondos6oa.jpg

Ocean Park rising as well

oceanpark9ef.jpg

Ocean View - This is the first time, i've heard of this project

oceanview6ig.jpg

The Water's Edge getting underway

watersedge7ll.jpg

A new townhome project on 2nd Street

2ndstreettownhomes5mt.jpg

The first tower of Marina San Pablo starting to rise over Butler Blvd

sanpablo4ca.jpg

Observations

1. The look and feel of First Street will be forever changed, once these projects (and a couple others I didn't take pics of) are completed.

2. There's a significant amount of towers rising on the west side of First Street.

3. The City of Jacksonville Beach missed a perfect opportunity to convert First Street into a more lively scene, by allowing new developments to line it with parking garages.

4. The densification of Jax Beach, should create a larger market for bars, restaurants and retail, in downtown Jax Beach.

If I am not mistaken that is Aquilus II first one is alredy built.

By this time next year Jacksonville Beach will look like whole new CITY when all these are finishe,seems to me there is more builiding going up looking at that site www.jaxbeachcondos.com

Altought all thse condos are way too expensive for use mortars I belive it will make beach look more apealing and it will bring retail and entertainment to beach on bigger and better scale...so far beach was ok place as far as I am concered compered to other places and especially European beaches.

Now if I can figure out how to make extra milion bucks....

^Yeah, there were a lot of signs for future projects already up, that I didn't snap pics of. This would also be a good time for city leaders to re-open the old boardwalk, seawalk or whatever its called.

Nice. I was at Jacksonville beach just last week.. I haven't been since last summer.. It amazes me at how many towers had popped up in such a little time. In just the year, it almost looks completely different.

Would anyone know if there is a market down there for more hotels?

Nice. I was at Jacksonville beach just last week.. I haven't been since last summer.. It amazes me at how many towers had popped up in such a little time. In just the year, it almost looks completely different.

Would anyone know if there is a market down there for more hotels?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most of the available space is being taken up by condos.

The historic Casa Marina Hotel had plans to expand on two vacant lots, next door, but the height restriction has indefinately delayed them. I believe its owner, is also involved in the recently filed lawsuit by developers against the city.