British Youtubers Visit Charlotte

""Is North Carolina south or is South Carolina south?  or is this Middle America?"" from these Brits 

" it is like syrup water"  talking about the syrup for their French toast. 

""why are people eating chicken at 11 am?""  hilarious! 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 3

These Brits obviously never heard of the chicken biscuit and lunches are earlier than in UK I guess. 11 am I am eating chicken for lunch  LOL.  

I would suggest these 2 hit a Chick-fil-A and a Waffle House before leaving the QC.    When my British friends visited I would always serve turkey and they loved it as it something they don't eat a lot. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

These Brits obviously never heard of the chicken biscuit and lunches are earlier than in UK I guess. 11 am I am eating chicken for lunch  LOL.  

I would suggest these 2 hit a Chick-fil-A and a Waffle House before leaving the QC.    When my British friends visited I would always serve turkey and they loved it as it something they don't eat a lot. 

I don't think Joel would feel comfortable at Chick-fil-A, like he did at Barcelona Wine Bar.  As for Waffle House, are you being facetious?  I think of Waffle House as a place you might go when you're starving and nothing else is open.  They probably hold the record for thinnest waffles in the U.S.  And everything else seems so greasy.  I think they did the right thing going to Midnight Diner.  Joel was craving a muffin, so I think somebody should have recommended Sunflour Baking Company to him.

I think you did a good thing for you Britush visitors.  Turkey is delicious and I have it fairly often.  But I'm just now learning it's not as healthy as I thought.

The first time I was in London I wanted to have something truly British, so I ordered blood pudding.  Suffice it to say I didn't finish it.

Re: chicken at 11:00, I tend to have breakfast around that time.  Must be the English blood in me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, nakers2 said:

I heard someone call Charlotte the biggest small town on Earth, and this thread proves it. Most cities our side wouldn't give a crap about some youtubers visiting. lol

Well I think of it as the biggest city people know nothing about, so the impressions of visitors fascinate me.  I live on the West Coast and so many people are completely clueless about Charlotte.  They know a bunch of cities that are significantly  smaller than Charlotte but often don't even know the difference between Charlotte and Charlottesville, and sometimes have never heard of it at all.  (When the riots happened in Charlottesville, there was a popular meme going around about "Charlotte, VA.")  I would like to move back to Charlotte for no other reason than to have those friends come visit and have their minds blown.

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 2

"Richard Petty I will pick you, you look hysterical"   British girl 

very impressed with the ticket office lady being so nice 

Reminds them of the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville but with cars!  

""National academy of sexy cars racing ""  NASCAR which is what they guessed it stood for LOL

"'it started by commuting moonshine""  LOL 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

watching another video and this one pops up.  Our British tourists at the Dunkin I think on Kings Drive as I see a 5/3 Bank in the background. 

girl:  I am going to try this water from Deers.    LOL it was a Deer Park bottled water 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

watching another video and this one pops up.  Our British tourists at the Dunkin I think on Kings Drive as I see a 5/3 Bank in the background. 

girl:  I am going to try this water from Deers.    LOL it was a Deer Park bottled water 

So it's Kings Drive.  I was wondering where they were and also wondering why on earth they would come to Charlotte and go to Dunkin Donuts instead of Krispy Kreme.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JacksonH said:

So it's Kings Drive.  I was wondering where they were and also wondering why on earth they would come to Charlotte and go to Dunkin Donuts instead of Krispy Kreme.

especially since they are staying in Wilmore close to the Krispy Kreme HQ but there are KKs in the UK and likely maybe to have had some there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JacksonH said:

Well if only I had known I would have asked them to meet you for lunch at Superica!

My older British friends use the same lingo as they do everything is lovely,  darling, etc.  

they seem to not like spicy and they said in one of these videos Americans like spicy we don't in the UK.  I had to look up their mentioned brown sauce.   Their stomachs could have not taken Superica believe me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

My older British friends use the same lingo as they do everything is lovely,  darling, etc.  

they seem to not like spicy and they said in one of these videos Americans like spicy we don't in the UK.  I had to look up their mentioned brown sauce.   Their stomachs could have not taken Superica believe me. 

Good point.  So in that case, Krispy Kreme!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

then they head over to Macys at SouthPark.  How did they not go to the Macys in NYC?  

On other note I will be happy to be the UP youtuber than goes to the UK and videos everything as long as I have a sponsor.  will need a first class ticket from CLT to Heathrow and at least 3 weeks of an Airbnb stay paid for.   But I am ready to make the sacrifice.

• Haha 3