TopGolf could be coming to Greensboro

cityboi

Looks like the purchaser of a 30 acre site off of I-40 in Greensboro is the same Greenville, South Carolina developer who builds Top Golfs. Pretty interesting.  The layout of the site, acreage, its location and highway/road access fits the mold of a Top Golf. The acreage suggests a large Top Golf venue and not the smaller venues. Currently there are two locations in Charlotte and a Durham location.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2022/04/28/triad-top-golf.html

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 3

• cityboi changed the title to TopGolf could be coming to Greensboro
  • 2 months later...

Its official....Top Golf is coming to Greensboro at Bridford Pkwy and Guilford College Rd just off of I-40.  Total acerage is 30 but the parcels will also include a hotel and indoor entertainment venues so all together this will be more than just an isolated Top Golf!

https://myfox8.com/news/north-carolina/greensboro/topgolf-coming-to-greensboro/

PhotoGrid_Plus_1658285136187.jpg

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 8:08 PM, cityboi said:

Here is a layout of the Top Golf on the site which includes other parcels for a multi-use development. Looks like its going to include a hotel.

14232824.jpg

I wonder what the "indoor entertainment" would be? Maybe one is a mini-golf version of Top Golf (indoor mini-golf/bars are quickly becoming a big thing)? But what other possible options are there?

10 hours ago, HRVT said:

I wonder what the "indoor entertainment" would be? Maybe one is a mini-golf version of Top Golf (indoor mini-golf/bars are quickly becoming a big thing)? But what other possible options are there?

It will be interesting to see although I do prefer one of those simulator Top Golfs to be downtown but I know that's not going to happen.

Edited by cityboi

Building permits were filed yesterday for a 2-story 40,676 square foot TopGolf Greensboro. So it will be a mid sized TopGolf.

Also site plans for a Main Event Entertainment venue next to TopGolf were approved. Those venues include bowling, laser tag, arcade, restaurant etc. However Dave and Busters also owns  Main Event Entertainment so it could be a Dave and Busters. Its one or the other.  I'm leaning towards Dave and Busters because there is already a bowling alley across I-40 (Spare Time) also Main Event Entertainment is too similar to Round One Bowling a few miles east on I-40 at Four Seasons Town Centre.  Although Main Event is does have more attractions so I could be wrong. But after doing a little research I've noticed that a number multi-use development TopGolfs have a Dave and Busters.

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2023/04/20/topgolf-contractor-greensboro-building-permit.html

Greensboro Top Golf contractor files for $10 million building permit. Site may include hotels and restaurants. The rendering is also showing a 3 level Top Golf 

Screenshot_20230420-181811_Chrome.jpg

img4692_700xx4032-2265-0-138.jpg

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, cityboi said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2023/04/20/topgolf-contractor-greensboro-building-permit.html

Greensboro Top Golf contractor files for $10 million building permit. Site may include hotels and restaurants. The rendering is also showing a 3 level Top Golf 

Screenshot_20230420-181811_Chrome.jpg

img4692_700xx4032-2265-0-138.jpg

Most likely they're just using a generic TopGolf image. I seem to recall that it's confirmed to be a 2 story facility.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Driving down I-40, I noticed steel rising out of the ground on the TopGolf site where the main building is suppose to go. Looks like its officially under construction 

Here are the plans on a bidding site. Plans show a two level TopGolf.

https://www.mechworksinc.com/topgolf-greensboro/

Screenshot_20231114-172737_Write on PDF.jpg

Screenshot_20231114-172311_Write on PDF.jpg

This is not the actual rendering below but based on the elevations in the architectural plans, this is the version they are building.

4dfd3a83-afd3-4a74-a6d3-e65e89fdfc29-full36x25_TopgolfFront.jpg

Charleston-Exterior-2.jpeg

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...