Marriott Autograph Hotel (35 stories, 485', 789 rooms, 48,235 sq. ft. meeting space, 12,300 sq. ft. rest./retail, 190 capacity underground garage)

markhollin

31 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I could be wrong, but isn't the MCC collecting just sales tax, not real estate taxes? 

The special tax district is a bit confusing. It could just be sales tax and then real estate taxes presumably goes to the city (even though the city I believe is capped in how much revenue they can collect from real estate taxes) and hotel/motel tax is divided between state and city. 

Kind of brings up another questions on the hotel/motel tax. If the state is raising the tax for the Titans stadium, how much of the hotel/motel tax does the state get versus the city?

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 8th & Demonbreun Hotel (36 stories, 448', 750 rooms, 48,235 sq. ft. meeting space, 10,300 sq. ft. rest./retail, 250 capacity underground garage)

Am happy that this hotel was approved, I actually thought that a high rise office building or residential building would be proposed for this site. There's already several hotels in that area. It is a good location for a hotel with it being so close to the convention center. I guess there's a need for more hotels near the convention center.  At 448 ft this hotel definitely will change the skyline.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Is there  any hope that the crappy 4 story parking garage could ever be torn down for a  tall tower?  Even if they had to build replacement spaces underground, it would be a huge plus to have some real use for the site.

My guess is that the Magic 8 Ball says “not a snowball’s chance in hell.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...