Marriott Autograph Hotel (35 stories, 485', 789 rooms, 48,235 sq. ft. meeting space, 12,300 sq. ft. rest./retail, 190 capacity underground garage)

markhollin

4 hours ago, Salbato said:

They might use the parking structure next to it.

379860962_8thDemonbreunHotelJune32022render1.png.d67e663e811ee4dbd78decf684819957.png

Even if the structure belongs to the Feds, it is built like a brick craphouse structurally.  I think 5 to 8 more levels of parking could be built on top of it and leased.  The property is WAY underutilized IMO.

• Like 1

You have to have federal ID to get into that one!

I think they may have made a blunder, however there is no parking requirement I think. Someone correct me on that.

Also we have heard a brand, so we are not going talk about it until confirmed but not any that have been mentioned.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Even if the structure belongs to the Feds, it is built like a brick craphouse structurally.  I think 5 to 8 more levels of parking could be built on top of it and leased.  The property is WAY underutilized IMO.

Well, if you hate the parking structure now, wait til you see what it replaced… 

C8C793C1-DAE1-464B-856F-43238355C252.jpeg

10244E36-9217-4151-9931-9F96649CC06C.jpeg

09F018E3-0D6A-450A-B7BA-02CDE09C6D95.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Well, if you hate the parking structure now, wait til you see what it replaced… 

C8C793C1-DAE1-464B-856F-43238355C252.jpeg

Actually, it is now the tree lined Frist parking lot across 9th.  The Fed parking is on the NE corner.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hotel/motel tax is only one component of the increased revenue. The other (probably bigger) element is increased property tax revenue generated by a 35-story hotel in comparison to a surface lot. Freddie got this right, but the anchor and reporter didn't seem to pick it up in their summary. What a terrible piece of journalism

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That station always does shoddy journalism.  I always miss stories there as this one was sent to me. I never watch WSMV any longer. I watch WKRN over WTVF, if I watch but I fast forward to the weather. It seems as if all of the TV news is sort of lacking anymore. It's all sort of the same format....story, story 5 minutes of commercials story, story, weather, sports, five minutes of commercials, and it's over. OR Story, commercial, story, commercial, story, story, commercial, commercial, story, story, commercial, commercial, commercial, story, commercial, weather, commercial, commercial, sports, commercial.

Not really worth the time, so that is why I record and fast forward only watching what I want.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

That station always does shoddy journalism.  I always miss stories there as this one was sent to me. I never watch WSMV any longer. I watch WKRN over WTVF, if I watch but I fast forward to the weather. It seems as if all of the TV news is sort of lacking anymore. It's all sort of the same format....story, story 5 minutes of commercials story, story, weather, sports, five minutes of commercials, and it's over. OR Story, commercial, story, commercial, story, story, commercial, commercial, story, story, commercial, commercial, commercial, story, commercial, weather, commercial, commercial, sports, commercial.

Not really worth the time, so that is why I record and fast forward only watching what I want.

That's because they're all owned by one or two national news conglomerates that push specific formats just like print journalism. Hence why The Tennessean is... what it is, too

• Like 3

Tax revenue is definitely the big one for me too. The parking lot generates a little bit, but this development will certainly bring in a hell of a lot more tax revenue. How much of the hotel/motel tax goes into the NCVC coffers? The special tax district for MCC is freaking huge, so I wonder how much of that hotel/motel tax the city actually sees.

46 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Tax revenue is definitely the big one for me too. The parking lot generates a little bit, but this development will certainly bring in a hell of a lot more tax revenue. How much of the hotel/motel tax goes into the NCVC coffers? The special tax district for MCC is freaking huge, so I wonder how much of that hotel/motel tax the city actually sees.

I could be wrong, but isn't the MCC collecting just sales tax, not real estate taxes?