Where Macon meets Atlanta

MarcusJY

The city can't annex outside of Fulton County. Why would they want to anyway? Forever sprawling, and spilling over into to other counties with developments seems to be working just fine for them. :thumbsup:

Yes it can. It has some land annexed in Dekalb County. However, you are right that the 'city' would not annex Macon, but the metro will likely continue to absorb it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it can. It has some land annexed in Dekalb County. However, you are right that the 'city' would not annex Macon, but the metro will likely continue to absorb it.

ok then rephrase, it can own it but it can't consider the land the city limits. city limits are restraind by county lines.

ok then rephrase, it can own it but it can't consider the land the city limits. city limits are restraind by county lines.

That is not true. The city of Atlanta has it's city limits in a small part of Dekalb County. It is a part of the city and pays taxes to the city just like that part in Fulton. I don't think a city is restrained by county lines however I do think that to get two counties to agree to a city annexation is just short of an act of Congress.

Also, I think when EbonyGardens was saying that Atlanta might annex Macon, I think she was meaning that the metro would engulf the Macon metro. Often times I say "Atlanta" when I really mean the metro....not the city proper.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It'll be a sad day if Atlanta sprawl invades Monroe, Lamar, and Jasper Counties. I think alot of people really overstate Atlanta sprawl though. It has reached into Henry County with is about 60 miles from my house in Bibb County, so it has a long ways to go. I wish it would just stop and redevelop within its core metro counties. It's ruining North Georgia, lets hope it doesn't make its way further south.

Archived