VeLa Pie Town/601 Lafayette (32 stories/360', 367 apartments, 4,795 sq. ft. restaurant, 396 capacity underground garage)

markhollin

• markhollin changed the title to VeLa Pie Town/601 Lafayette (25-30 stories? 300 residential units?)

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

601 Lafayette will be called VeLa Pie Town looks like it will be at least 25 stories.  VaLa Development, which has ties to the Post Road Group (who bought the land) has several similar type towers going up in Charlotte, Raleigh and Phoenix.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/details-emerge-for-tower-eyed-for-pie-town/article_6be68be8-5612-11ed-8c8f-a3c177f00ca5.html

Here is VeLa design for Raleigh, NC (30 stories):

VeLa Pie Town, Raleigh Design Oct 27, 2022, render.png

Great looking building for Raleigh. Please don't put those letters on top. 

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing the renderings for this building. With this proposal being across from the nashvlle rescue mission and all the development that's happening near it I think the mission should be moved so the site can be redeveloped. That would lead to  more towers, restaurants and retail stores being built.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, High Rise Lover said:

I look forward to seeing the renderings for this building. With this proposal being across from the nashvlle rescue mission and all the development that's happening near it I think the mission should be moved so the site can be redeveloped. That would lead to  more towers, restaurants and retail stores being built.

It is only a matter of time from what I have been hearing. Two years maybe.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, UrbanWes03 said:

I’m really excited for something this size there! Seems to be the trend of towers moving towards the interstate boundary and onward to WeHo!! As I’ve said repeatedly at this point lol. It’s just great to see so many underutilized and surface parking lots redeveloped. Any area with them around Nashville is almost certain to be redeveloped, which always keeps us on our toes. :) 

every time I walk around downtown and see a parking lot, I get excited because I know it will be developed eventually

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • markhollin changed the title to VeLa Pie Town/601 Lafayette (32 stories/360', 411 apartments, 5,715 sq. ft. retail, 373 capacity underground garage)
2 hours ago, downtownresident said:

This rendering is incredible, hoping all of the roundabout projects materialize: 

1BCE3C69-CAB2-4009-B1CC-B15C9F52A24F.png.e9eb9ea0917f15d8d122a24d129d94e3.png

This tower is fine, major upgrade over the lot it will replace, but a solid meh in terms of design, imo. 

Agreed. Why is it that their Raleigh tower can look as good as it does, but that their Nashville proposal is very lacking in the design department. Sometimes I feel as if Nashville gets skimped on design when compared to its peer cities, but I don't get why. More and more of the newer projects proposed are getting better with not doing this, but nonetheless, it is still happening :( This is still a very welcome addition though! 32 stories for that area is so so great to see! And the way they address the street, especially with all that retail and the neat glass overhang is nice.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brichar4 said:

The density here makes me so excited, hopefully most of not all actually come to fruition! 

8674CBA9-1D8F-4285-9233-EAB84D83D6CF.png

And this as well. Seeing all of these proposals rendered out and the density it's gonna bring is so exciting. Hopefully Circle South will survive and all of this will happen. It's really jaw dropping to see, and this doesn't even include other proposals in the area. This side of downtown, Midtown, and the East Bank, if all populated with current proposals, will literally make Nashville unrecognizable and move us into an entirely different category as a city!

• Like 2

Elevated design, prettier buildings, often happens where there is competition. Where developers are competing against the other guy building a few blocks away. In Nashville, for good or bad, we have no trouble filling new housing/hotel rooms, so why spend more on better design?  It's part of the reason our office buildings are looking better, competition is more prevalent. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Elevated design, prettier buildings, often happens where there is competition. Where developers are competing against the other guy building a few blocks away. In Nashville, for good or bad, we have no trouble filling new housing/hotel rooms, so why spend more on better design?  It's part of the reason our office buildings are looking better, competition is more prevalent. 

Great point. I guess that's one downside to Nashville's explosive growth and abundant vacant land. Maybe incorporating higher design standards could help with that? That doesn't seem like too much to ask for considering how much investment and development we have right now.

Wait...is this a state office building? I'm confused. Where are the balconies? I've never understood urban living without some kind of balcony or Juliette window. Just an enclosed cold gray concrete and glass box you're living in. 

Looks depressing, because most time floor to ceiling windows do not open. They could have at least put more than one person in that render lol. 

image.png.e53ef5caef1401334a036df96c08bad5.png

Edited by nashmoney
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 8:11 AM, markhollin said:

Vela Pietown, 601 Lafayette, Dec 3, 2022, render 9.png

The renderings are truly stunning, but there is clearly something way off with either the scale of the proposals shown, or the height figures provided in this chart. The Ritz Carlton is by far the tallest building in every angle, yet is listed at 396' and dwarfs the neighboring Circle South at 445' and 800 Lea at 600' tall. It's not perspective tricks either, because even in the distanced shots from Fort Negley, the Ritz is clearly illustrated as the tallest building in the shot. 

• Like 2

Although not the best looking tower design, it’s not exactly the Haven either! Not much could get worse then that multicolored mess. This is a great improvement from the current use. I’ve heard rumors about the possibility that City Winery site , might turn into another tower project, does anyone have any intel on that?

• Like 3