Tempo by Hilton (Proposed)

varider

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/virginia-beach/new-14-story-hotel-coming-as-pembroke-mall-redevelopment-revs-up/?fbclid=IwAR0L25lFDdjfZkuc7W3LAneY2hYsMulMjw5_f1PEgZJe3uPgc1WF0fLxXck&fs=e&s=cl

The redevelopment of the Pembroke Mall site in Virginia Beach will include a 14-story new hotel concept from Hilton that features a rooftop tapas-style restaurant and lounge. 

The Tempo/Homewood Suites dual-branded hotel is scheduled to open in the spring of 2025 at the former SunTrust Bank location on Virginia Beach Boulevard. Hilton is set to break ground this winter and says Virginia Beach’s “Tempo” will be the first to open in the world. 

The Tempo part has “wellness rooms” with Peloton bikes in the room and a larger fitness center with higher end equipment. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, varider said:

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/virginia-beach/new-14-story-hotel-coming-as-pembroke-mall-redevelopment-revs-up/?fbclid=IwAR0L25lFDdjfZkuc7W3LAneY2hYsMulMjw5_f1PEgZJe3uPgc1WF0fLxXck&fs=e&s=cl

The redevelopment of the Pembroke Mall site in Virginia Beach will include a 14-story new hotel concept from Hilton that features a rooftop tapas-style restaurant and lounge. 

The Tempo/Homewood Suites dual-branded hotel is scheduled to open in the spring of 2025 at the former SunTrust Bank location on Virginia Beach Boulevard. Hilton is set to break ground this winter and says Virginia Beach’s “Tempo” will be the first to open in the world. 

The Tempo part has “wellness rooms” with Peloton bikes in the room and a larger fitness center with higher end equipment. 

Yes! Can't wait for the renders.  However, unless something has changed since this article came out this past April,  it would appear that ours will be among the first few to open, not "the first [Tempo] to open in the world."  Gotta keep these developer-spinners in check!   LOL

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4109968.html

Tempo by Hilton Sets Sights on Scenic U.S. Destinations

• Tempo by Hilton Nashville Downtown Nashville Yards (Spring 2024)
    Ideally positioned one block from Nashville’s famous Broadway and a five-minute walk from Music City Center, the 306-room, 16-story hotel will offer meeting spaces, an outdoor pool and bar, and a ground floor Bluestone Lane café.
  • Tempo by Hilton Memphis Downtown Union Row (Summer 2024)
    The 166-room hotel, ideally located on a central artery to downtown Memphis, will be within walking distance of FedEx Forum, Beale Street and AutoZone Park and will serve as an integral component of The Walk on Union mixed-use development.
  • Tempo by Hilton Nashville Midtown (Fall 2024)
    Planned for the thriving Midtown/West End submarket of Nashville, the 161-room, 11-story property will offer a restaurant/bar with outdoor seating and is walking distance to Vanderbilt University and the area’s most sought-after attractions.
  • Tempo by Hilton Myrtle Beach Beachfront (Fall 2024)
    Guests will enjoy breathtaking views at the 250-room, oceanfront property, which will join a Home2 Suites by Hilton for a dual-branded, 11-story hotel, featuring a rooftop bar and lounge.
  • Tempo by Hilton San Diego Downtown- Gaslamp Quarter (Spring 2025)
    Centrally located on 8th Avenue and Broadway, the 317-room hotel will be dual-branded with a Homewood Suites by Hilton and have views overlooking San Diego Bay and skyline, plus a restaurant, bar and lounge on street level with outdoor seating.

Edited by baobabs727

• vdogg pinned this topic

That's going to be a good bridge for urban development to help connect Pembroke to the Town Center area. Personally I hate these building on top of a parking garage designed buildings, but in this case it provides parking for the hotel and it creates higher floor rooms which is a good thing along VB Blvd.  Hopefully this leads to some sort of street grid and more active developments around this building. I could see the redevelopment of Pembroke Mall happen a bit organic in trying to keep some of what currently exists while redeveloping inward from the southern and northern sides of the site.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, urbanlife said:

That's going to be a good bridge for urban development to help connect Pembroke to the Town Center area. Personally I hate these building on top of a parking garage designed buildings, but in this case it provides parking for the hotel and it creates higher floor rooms which is a good thing along VB Blvd.  Hopefully this leads to some sort of street grid and more active developments around this building. I could see the redevelopment of Pembroke Mall happen a bit organic in trying to keep some of what currently exists while redeveloping inward from the southern and northern sides of the site.

Indeed, AND what currently exists along the Eastern and Western sides, too:  Kohls and Nordstrom Rack/Fresh Market/Decisions LLC, respectively.  That's the economic reality that they're dealing with for the time being.  

19 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

Cool, thanks. I like it. It's relatively clean. Rooftop looks dope. Thinking Tempo would face VB Blvd with Homewood in the back. Hopefully they'll screen that garage somehow.

Yes, I believe that garage doesn’t meet Town Center’s Form-Based Code standards, which extend to all parcels zoned CBC, which this is. They’d have to make it look more integrated into the building and provide some form of articulation I think. I’ll have to look at the Code when I get to work. I’ll likely be brought in for some design review of this anyways.

20 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

Yes! Can't wait for the renders.  However, unless something has changed since this article came out this past April,  it would appear that ours will be among the first few to open, not "the first [Tempo] to open in the world."  Gotta keep these developer-spinners in check!   LOL

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4109968.html

Tempo by Hilton Sets Sights on Scenic U.S. Destinations

• Tempo by Hilton Nashville Downtown Nashville Yards (Spring 2024)
    Ideally positioned one block from Nashville’s famous Broadway and a five-minute walk from Music City Center, the 306-room, 16-story hotel will offer meeting spaces, an outdoor pool and bar, and a ground floor Bluestone Lane café.
  • Tempo by Hilton Memphis Downtown Union Row (Summer 2024)
    The 166-room hotel, ideally located on a central artery to downtown Memphis, will be within walking distance of FedEx Forum, Beale Street and AutoZone Park and will serve as an integral component of The Walk on Union mixed-use development.
  • Tempo by Hilton Nashville Midtown (Fall 2024)
    Planned for the thriving Midtown/West End submarket of Nashville, the 161-room, 11-story property will offer a restaurant/bar with outdoor seating and is walking distance to Vanderbilt University and the area’s most sought-after attractions.
  • Tempo by Hilton Myrtle Beach Beachfront (Fall 2024)
    Guests will enjoy breathtaking views at the 250-room, oceanfront property, which will join a Home2 Suites by Hilton for a dual-branded, 11-story hotel, featuring a rooftop bar and lounge.
  • Tempo by Hilton San Diego Downtown- Gaslamp Quarter (Spring 2025)
    Centrally located on 8th Avenue and Broadway, the 317-room hotel will be dual-branded with a Homewood Suites by Hilton and have views overlooking San Diego Bay and skyline, plus a restaurant, bar and lounge on street level with outdoor seating.

Omg I predicted it’d be a Tempo! I’ve never stayed at one but the vibe of the brand seems modern and fresh which I like. Kind of like W Hotels but of course not nearly as upscale. It’s probably more like Hilton’s answer to Marriott’s Westin brand, which itself is a lower-tier sister brand to W Hotels anyways.

Edited by Lluck002
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lluck002 said:

Yes, I believe that garage doesn’t meet Town Center’s Form-Based Code standards, which extend to all parcels zoned CBC, which this is. They’d have to make it look more integrated into the building and provide some form of articulation I think. I’ll have to look at the Code when I get to work. I’ll likely be brought in for some design review of this anyways.

Omg I predicted it’d be a Tempo! I’ve never stayed at one but the vibe of the brand seems modern and fresh which I like. Kind of like W Hotels but of course not nearly as upscale. It’s probably more like Hilton’s answer to Marriott’s Westin brand, which itself is a lower-tier sister brand to W Hotels anyways.

I hope you're right! Keep us posted. And yes, you did say that! Good call. Perhaps if Tempo is a big success, someone will build a Motto or a Canopy.   

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, carolinaboy said:

Gross.

This may not be the most stunning architecture, however, I will note that this looks like a typical infill development that I've seen pop up around neighborhoods in Chicago. I'm not mad about it, especially with the potential for the rest of the site to build a more cohesive and expanded downtown environment.

• Like 3