924 N. Magnolia Avenue | Mixed Use Residential [Proposed]

Jernigan

Master Plan for a mixed-use project at 924 N. Magnolia Ave has been submitted to the city. The new multi-family, mixed use, will bring 383-units at the SW corner of North Magnolia Avenue and Weber Street. This project will provide a public, elevated plaza and garden from street level. The elevated plaza will include retail space, a restaurant, and two residential, access controlled lobbies for the residential towers. At the south of the site, there will be an 8.5 story parking garage articulated with an architectural screen serving residents, the public garden/plaza and retail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

Master Plan for a mixed-use project at 924 N. Magnolia Ave has been submitted to the city. The new multi-family, mixed use, will bring 383-units at the SW corner of North Magnolia Avenue and Weber Street. This project will provide a public, elevated plaza and garden from street level. The elevated plaza will include retail space, a restaurant, and two residential, access controlled lobbies for the residential towers. At the south of the site, there will be an 8.5 story parking garage articulated with an architectural screen serving residents, the public garden/plaza and retail.

…I was thinking this was the latest incarnation they promised when the Lunch Basket was demolished (taking Orlando’s best meat loaf sammich with it) a little over a decade ago but this one is across the street apparently.

Edited by spenser1058

11 hours ago, Jernigan said:

I would assume an 8 story parking garage would mean the actual apartment building itself is a lot taller than 8 stories. Maybe 16 to 20 stories? Or am I way base?

5 hours ago, Uncommon said:

I would assume an 8 story parking garage would mean the actual apartment building itself is a lot taller than 8 stories. Maybe 16 to 20 stories? Or am I way base?

The way the garage in the original post is described, the appears to be separate. 

10 minutes ago, jack said:

The way the garage in the original post is described, the appears to be separate. 

Yeah I figured, thanks. I just imagined the building itself wouldn’t be close to the same height of the garage. That way it would take away from the actual building. It might be wishful thinking though.

OP says 383 units.

Which other residential multi-family buildings have a comparable number of units?

Of course height ultimately depends on the dimensions of the footprint, but it would give us something to play with anyway.

Also, sounds like two towers, so probably not much in the way of height. 

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

OP says 383 units.

Which other residential multi-family buildings have a comparable number of units?

Of course height ultimately depends on the dimensions of the footprint, but it would give us something to play with anyway.

I think the 16-story Society tower has 290, so if this is 380 over 2 buildings, I'd say we're looking at somewhere around 10-11 stories each. Of course, it's not an exact science or direct comparison.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JFW657 said:

OP says 383 units.

The Radius has 389.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, FLheat said:

That site looks too small unless they go up like 18 stories, any chance the senior center next door is part of the site?

I hope you’re not referring to the Marks St Senior Center - it’s landmarked.

https://www.orlando.gov/Our-Government/History/Find-Historic-Landmarks/Marks-Street-School/Marks-Street-School

From City of Orlando 

Edited by spenser1058

6 hours ago, FLheat said:

That site looks too small unless they go up like 18 stories, any chance the senior center next door is part of the site?

Ladies and gentlemen, give this man (or woman) a prize (it's 19 and 17 stories for an average of 18 so close enough): https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-acram-magnolia-downtown-tower-orlando-20220614-dew363udbjfdfgip7nwy6ibpje-story.html

Edited by Uncommon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

Ladies and gentlemen, give this man (or woman) a prize (it's 19 and 17 stories for an average of 18 so close enough): https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-acram-magnolia-downtown-tower-orlando-20220614-dew363udbjfdfgip7nwy6ibpje-story.html

I had the site wrong. Confusing location but this is a pleasant surprise. I like this for that area

12 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I had the site wrong. Confusing location but this is a pleasant surprise. I like this for that area

I like it too. Hopefully it'll spur some development in the area. 235 feet and I'm assuming ~210 feet for the towers will have a nice impact on the North Quarter.

31 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

I like it too. Hopefully it'll spur some development in the area. 235 feet and I'm assuming ~210 feet for the towers will have a nice impact on the North Quarter.

Absolutely. It's being built off the podium according to grow spotter so that'll be pretty nice to see from I4 and other areas. I hope this has legs and I hope it's legit and gets built