To All the Trains I've Loved Before

I think to have an actual HSR the line really needs to be without any intersecting streets.  I don't know what the standard is, but that track would also have to be so level that the variance would be ultra minimal when you think about it, because that extra 90mph would really expose track grade flaws easier than BL's speed would...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I think to have an actual HSR the line really needs to be without any intersecting streets.  I don't know what the standard is, but that track would also have to be so level that the variance would be ultra minimal when you think about it, because that extra 90mph would really expose track grade flaws easier than BL's speed would...

Yes. Basically, an interstate quality run for a train.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Biden administration announces $1.4 billion to improve rail safety and boost capacity

Article: https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/biden-administration-announces-14-billion-improve-rail-safety-103458058

Democrats - doing things for the people.

Republicans - doing things TO the people and FOR themselves and their corporate cronies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Republicans - doing things TO the people and FOR themselves and their corporate cronies. 

This project in particular really stuck out to me. How on Earth has a major rail line been out of commission for 18 years? Isn't this America? I didn't know about this, but I'm glad this is FINALLY being fixed.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 3.52.56 PM.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Remember, our local high speed rail that launches THIS WEEK, the fastest in the southeast, was built with private money with the support of Republicans and Democrats fighting against it.

Anyways, on topic, does anyone know if Brightline was able to secure any grants as part of this? I know they were eyeing a grant to replace the St Lucie River bridge, which is the only section along the east coast to have single tracks, and also has the slowest speed limit on the entire route at just 25mph. The replacement bridge was supposed to bring it to 110mph with double tracks, likely shaving a few minutes off of the trip.

On 9/26/2023 at 3:48 PM, JFW657 said:

Doing things TO the people:

Democrats:  Take this vaccine (while $4.6B has already been paid out to plaintiffs since May 2023); Here's a train that we are making non users pay for; Deal with the illegals in your state because we refuse to close the border (under Biden); Stop whining because we are allowing The Left to groom your kids behind your back.

...like the Democrats don't have corporate cronies?  For real?  Amazon, Tesla, every go green company under the sun?  Every Social Media company under the sun?  Most all of the corporate-educational establishment in the US? The corporate Big Pharma establishment?  The corporate MSM?  Who are you kidding now?

People see what's going on.