Best Pizza- no chains please

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just about to mention Nirchi's. Best pizza I've had down here. It's a shame they're gone. The owner was from Binghamton, NY, I believe.

A few places I'd recommend...

Taste of Buffalo (exit 25 off old statesville road)

Luigi's (already mentioned several times)

Tony's (never had it but EVERYONE keeps telling me about it)

Paluso's (Johnston Road in South Charlotte...haven't had it in a while, not sure if they're still there)

I was just about to mention Nirchi's. Best pizza I've had down here. It's a shame they're gone. The owner was from Binghamton, NY, I believe.

A few places I'd recommend...

Taste of Buffalo (exit 25 off old statesville road)

Luigi's (already mentioned several times)

Tony's (never had it but EVERYONE keeps telling me about it)

Paluso's (Johnston Road in South Charlotte...haven't had it in a while, not sure if they're still there)

To tell you the truth i havent really had pizza that has wowed me in Charlotte......Tony's is pretty good but other than that everything seems to be mediocre......I've had better in Columbia honestly......CLT seems to have alot of NY style.....I like Boston style better

To tell you the truth i havent really had pizza that has wowed me in Charlotte......Tony's is pretty good but other than that everything seems to be mediocre......I've had better in Columbia honestly......CLT seems to have alot of NY style.....I like Boston style better

• 1 year later...
Taste of Buffalo Pizza in Huntersville has good pizza. I always get the same thing, Pepperoni and Bannana Peppers. It's worth a try. Pretty decent wings too.

Donato's is pretty good for thin crust pizza. Their wings however are not good. They are clearly frozen and just deep fried to heat them up. Take a pass on those.

For the far South, my wife believes Lorenzo's (Ardrey Kell and Marvin) is better than Tony's (Ballantyne Village) and Palone's (Ardrey Kell and Tom Short) -- all 3 being similar styles. I personally think they're all delicious and have a hard time differentiating between them.

Archived