Demonbreun Hill, Phase I (22 stories/264', 333 residential units, 11,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail, 5 level 340 capacity garage)

markhollin

• markhollin changed the title to Demonbreun Hill (mixed use towers at 3.4 acres at Demonbreun and 16th Ave. South)

I wonder if there will be any pushback from the community if the developer plans to demolish the existing bars.

My prediction is that since that stretch isn't especially old/historic, the community is mostly renters, the new development would host equivalent retail space, and the occasional shooting outside of those bars, it'll go pretty smoothly. 

• Like 3

I actually wish GBT had bought this and just totally started from scratch on the entire plot of land from I-40, Demonbreun, 16th and Broadway.  Could really come up with an amazing, comprehensive buildout, stair stepping down to Demonbreun from Broadway.  Go 400+ on Broad down to 250+ on Demonbreun.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Yep nasty junk.  tear it all down ( and Rhythm too if possible).  Here is a photo of them back when they we about new...tacky!

276158082_5625611260786458_4221269074800636736_n.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the current strip of businesses were built sometime in the early to mid 2000s, replacing this strip-mall style Americana with the current generic one-story whatever

8 minutes ago, Nashvillain said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the current strip of businesses were built sometime in the early to mid 2000s, replacing this strip-mall style Americana with the current generic one-story whatever

Er... wait a minute. Did they just redo the facades and take out the parking? Yep. Wow, I had no idea. 

Edited by Nashvillain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nashvillain said:

Er... wait a minute. Did they just redo the facades and take out the parking? Yep. Wow, I had no idea. 

Yeah…that entire line of buildings, including the offices above, is kind of a Frankenstein mix of bits and pieces.  Would be awesome to knock it all down and build something more urban, yet keep some cool retail / bars along the street (just in a higher quality structure).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nashvillain said:

1 hour ago, Nashvillain said:

I had no idea either. I’ve never really payed attention to this little strip of businesses during my visits to Nashville, but I’ve known they were there. I always thought they were historic until just now…especially after looking at pictures of them front and center haha.

47 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Yeah…that entire line of buildings, including the offices above, is kind of a Frankenstein mix of bits and pieces.  Would be awesome to knock it all down and build something more urban, yet keep some cool retail / bars along the street (just in a higher quality structure).

Couldn’t have said it better myself. There’s no real benefit to keep what’s there now considering it’s not historic and not really high quality either. Having residents on top of new commercial space would at the very least be a more efficient use of space! Hopefully Hall Capital can make something really nice out of this. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

I remember it was at the top of Demonbreun Hill where the naked people roundabout is now.  I think this park is where the CMHOF used to be:

The old CMHOF was across the street from the park. I’ve circled the spot on this google maps screenshot.

46085BC6-E81E-4773-8F7C-C377B930A1E1.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The old CMHOF was across the street from the park. I’ve circled the spot on this google maps screenshot.

46085BC6-E81E-4773-8F7C-C377B930A1E1.jpeg

Thank you.  I knew it was somewhere around there.  I spent a summer in Nashville back in 1994 after graduating from Ole Miss and before moving to Knoxville.  My memory is pretty fuzzy.  I probably killed a few brain cells that summer.  It was a fun summer.  And at the eastern part of the roundabout where Division and Demonbreun sort of meet, where there's a high-rise apartment tower now, I think back in 1994 there was just a Barbara Mandrell photo processing store there.  Even back then I thought that was a ridiculously poor use of such a prominent piece of property.

Google Streetview from 2007:

image.thumb.png.59a1af6d63add8cb5be1e579d9647ca3.png

And from this past February.

image.thumb.png.75d0effc62574966e482e9b9ccce93e5.png

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chris holman said:

What is there today. The larger brown buildings on the left are empty. One of them use to have off Broadway shoes back in the day the rest just have about 2 live band bars Brewery tailgate Bar, Live Oak, Tacos &Tequila , Vibes, a  Oxygen bar, Green Room, And Tin Roof . A vapor store is In the house looking building next to Rhythm.

20220707_095904.jpg

20220707_095856.jpg

20220707_095851.jpg

20220707_095840.jpg

20220707_095832.jpg

20220707_095825.jpg

Yep, definitely needs …. A BULLDOZER!! 

• Like 2