Demonbreun Hill, Phase I (22 stories/264', 333 residential units, 11,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail, 5 level 340 capacity garage)

markhollin

On 3/3/2023 at 7:58 AM, markhollin said:

Phase I of the project will be a 22 story, 350 residential unit, L shaped tower featuring 9,336 sq. ft. of ground level retail and an internal garage wrapping the Tailgate Brewery Building on .59 acre at 118 16th Ave. South. Hall Capital is the developer; ESa will be the architect; Fulmer Lucas is in charge of engineering and land planning. No renderings yet, but a first floor diagram is available below.

No word yet on what the plans are for the remaining 2.8 acres that Hall Capital owns adjoining Phase I.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/high-profile-midtown-site-eyed-for-project/article_716c6356-b94c-11ed-9cb8-5388a71e87aa.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/03/08/music-row-site-hall-emery-demonbreun-hill.html

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 7.45.48 AM.png

How much of the Demonbreun facing strip  would this  take out ?   Only the vacant former bank branch building?  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Demonbreun Hill, Phase I (22 stories, 333 residential units, 10,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail, 5 level garage)
  • markhollin changed the title to Demonbreun Hill, Phase I (22 stories/265', 333 residential units, 10,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail, 5 level garage)

Looking at Parcel Viewer, Tailgate is not owned by this development group so is not included at all in the development. Smeags, can you confirm this?

Also, the Tailgate parcel is within the Music Row Overlay. Why only this corner, idk. The Overlay dictates 91' minimum at the Build-To line and 150' max. The Music Row Vision Plan on the other hand states 15 floors with an allowance p to 20 floors as a bonus height maximum. 

I presume this building surpasses that due to the original language in the SP, but I am not sure of that.

Edit: I do wonder what the future of the tailgate parcel would be - if anything - since it isn't included in the development. It is a relatively small plot, so it will certainly take some creative thought.

image.png.6c5ea6dd131530f7dc9cf32c61f7aaa7.png

Additionally, there doesn't seem to be a stepback on the tower portion that abuts the north wall of Tailgate. So I would immediately ask did the development buy the air rights above the Tailgate structure or do those apartments risk getting blocked? Code is going to dictate that the windows of the units be a certain distance from the property line (this occurred over at 901 MLK)

Demonbreun Hill, 118 16th Ave South, Feb 5, 2024, diagram 3.png

I guess this could also be the property line which would give a decent stepback to those units. But they would be looking at a brick wall if Tailgate ever re-develops. I'm estimating that the red line is only 8' to 10' away from that south wall of the tower.

image.png.2164b85f321040f56038847fa513c379.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• markhollin changed the title to Demonbreun Hill, Phase I (22 stories/264', 333 residential units, 11,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail, 5 level 340 capacity garage)