NeoCity [Tech Superdevelopment in Osceola County]

HankStrong

NeoCity is being constructed in Osceola County directly across 192 from Osceola Heritage Park (Silver Spurs Arena + ball fields + rodeo space + convention/exhibition space + local 4H) about 10-12 South of the Orlando Int'l Airport.

They make this claim about why they are different from most research complexes: "NeoCity has the opportunity to break away from traditional research park development patterns by providing a unique place within Osceola County and Central Florida. Its walkable, urban framework connects people back to the community and natural landscape around it while reinvigorating the job market within the region." 

I'm not sure why people say "we should make a thread about this" instead of just making one.  Regardless, here is a thread for it.  

th.jpg

https://www.neocityfl.com/

• Like 4

Since @HankStrong went to so much effort to create this topic, I thought I'd post another pic from the GS article I referenced in the other topic...

image.jpeg.69f3edf74571b9f3b705dc4528fd8e82.jpeg

The GS article also said, "These world-class developers design, develop, maintain, and refurbish some of the most recognizable buildings around the world,” said Board Chairman Brandon Arrington. “And for them to be leading the efforts to develop NeoCity’s City Center is further confirmation that NeoCity is a regional game-changer.”

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/osceola-county-developments/gs-news-neocity-sciame-osceola-minskoff-20220718-y27lz66n3vg6rm6w7gwhq52shu-story.html

As an aside and my personal opinion, this architect and this group are legit. I don't know what we will end up with, but it certainly won't be from lack of expertise on the design side.

Btw, OBJ also has an article that says the developers are planning a waterfront plaza, lots of greenspace and flying taxis... https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/07/20/florida-tech-orlando-real-estate-neocity-osceola.html

Edited by AmIReal
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HankStrong said:

It would nice if they had some of the BEEP busses like Lake Nona has or some sort of streetcar.

I'd love to see NeoCity connected with Lake Nona via transit and, yes, with its own Beep fleet. Bus Rapid Transit connecting the two would be fine, but I'm open to Maglev :tw_glasses:.

On 7/20/2022 at 10:59 AM, HankStrong said:

th.jpg

A dedicated topic? I'm feeling verklempt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s going to be difficult if not impossible for Osceola to shake the W192 stigma.  Still this will be a huge catalyst to move the perception beyond the post-apocalyptic “Florida Project.” 

Kissimmee and St Cloud have long had an identity crisis, all to blame (I think) by the international and very successful “Kissimmee St Cloud” advertising effort in the 90s that made it a household name at a time when W192 was in its prime.

This would be a good time to scoop up one of those downtrodden bungalows in downtown Kissimmee. I doubt it will be a bargain when Neocity begins to materialize.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

It’s going to be difficult if not impossible for Osceola to shake the W192 stigma.  Still this will be a huge catalyst to move the perception beyond the post-apocalyptic “Florida Project.” 

Kissimmee and St Cloud have long had an identity crisis, all to blame (I think) by the international and very successful “Kissimmee St Cloud” advertising effort in the 90s that made it a household name at a time when W192 was in its prime.

This would be a good time to scoop up one of those downtrodden bungalows in downtown Kissimmee. I doubt it will be a bargain when Neocity begins to materialize.

I've got a colleague who had a business deal that fell through because of the local governments that would've brought some high profile Chinese company/ partnership to NeoCity a few years back.  That set the development back several years if not longer. I don't know the details; only that he was ticked about it.  

5 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

I don't mean to presume upon your age but I wonder if the 30s-and-younger generation have this mindset toward St. Cloud. I grew up in Orlando and barely knew anything at all about St. Cloud, except that it was far. Kissimmee I definitely knew about and regarded it as relatively undesirable. But any advertising effort is 100% news to me, and "household name" is definitely not what I'd call St. Cloud.

Anyway, I have a vested interest because I bought one of those downtown bungalows (albeit in downtown St. Cloud) for cheap last month and am planning to hold for as long as I could and turning it into a rental when I move in a year or 2. It's about 15 min from Neo City and Lake Nona. Hopefully the investment pays off.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

I don't mean to presume upon your age but I wonder if the 30s-and-younger generation have this mindset toward St. Cloud. I grew up in Orlando and barely knew anything at all about St. Cloud, except that it was far. Kissimmee I definitely knew about and regarded it as relatively undesirable. But any advertising effort is 100% news to me, and "household name" is definitely not what I'd call St. Cloud.

Anyway, I have a vested interest because I bought one of those downtown bungalows (albeit in downtown St. Cloud) for cheap last month and am planning to hold for as long as I could and turning it into a rental when I move in a year or 2. It's about 15 min from Neo City and Lake Nona. Hopefully the investment pays off.

Congratulations and good for you. RE is going to have an interesting ride- not like '08, but still interesting. Watch/ manage your expenses/ expectations.

“Patience you must have, my young padawan.”

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 6:59 PM, Uncommon said:

since the Late '90's I always saw that region marketed as "Kissimmee St. Cloud."

• 7 months later...