• 3 months later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 901 King Blvd. (33 stories/355', 255 residential units)
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I always thought that TSU building was rather cool in an ugly sort of way. I’m sure that makes sense to nearly no one, but it has so many ins and outs and the whole building looks like it was poured into a mold. The drab gray looks even more depressing in the rain.  Anyone know the history… year built, architect, if built to be a school building, was there any public opposition to such an ugly structure near the capitol, etc?

One of the few Brutalist buildings in Nashville 

• Like 4

The TSU campus to my knowledge has never been painted.  It's just weathered.  They did a power washing on some portions of the building but that will only last for long.  It's my understanding that the reason TSU has never painted the building is because of costs and it would eventually have to be repainted.  Besides, I wouldn't want to be the one choosing a color or color scheme to paint that building.   Some people want it to be white with black or dark grey accents.  Claiming it would soften it and give it a more modern look. :dontknow:

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 901 King Blvd. (33 stories/370', 255 residential units)