JW Marriott Hotel

GRDadof3

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that's a crane:

0B46F9C02C6911DAB5E4D3BB18F73B1D.jpg

Isn't that crane for the Art Museum? If so, isn't that sort of overdoing it, the art museum didn't really look that big in the renderings. They built the Grand Tower (212') and Anderson House (196') buildings in Lansing using only mobile cranes, the tallest mobile cranes reach almost 350', which is stretching it for Mariott, but they could.

I don't know jschut, it looks like privacy fencing is going up at the corner of Campau n Pearl. Those 4x4's now have 2x4 cross members, which, unless they're building a shed, I don't know what 2x4s will do for a high-rise. Amway probably doesn't want to have people looking at dirt (personally I love it!). At least they can't block the view from my perch in the ramp, so I'll keep you guys updated ;)

Speaking of bling, they were putting up some HUGE signs wrapped around the entire corner of Pearl and Campau showing renderings for the new Marriott this morning. If anyone goes by there at lunch, let me know if they have them completely installed yet. I'll try to get some pics later today.

Speaking of bling, they were putting up some HUGE signs wrapped around the entire corner of Pearl and Campau showing renderings for the new Marriott this morning. If anyone goes by there at lunch, let me know if they have them completely installed yet. I'll try to get some pics later today.

Boy the live cam is handy. :thumbsup: It looks like they have some plastic sheathing over the signs you mentioned. Maybe they are waiting to reveal at ground breaking? Why wait? :huh:

Boy the live cam is handy. :thumbsup: It looks like they have some plastic sheathing over the signs you mentioned. Maybe they are waiting to reveal at ground breaking? Why wait? :huh:

Ugh! You know those marketing people. They have to have everything just right. (I know, I'm married to one :P )

Signs are up! Tents are up! Are they having the official ground-breaking today? A lot of suits and activity around there today:

DA279510367D11DAAA9C48DD18F73B1D.jpg

The black suit in the lower left of the picture had security badges and an ear-piece (secret service?) I would bet Jen will make the trip over from Lansing.

and it looks as though they are putting in a car-lift on the Forslund Condos ramp:

D7FA06B0367D11DA8109F56F18F73B1D.jpg

Just think, photos of this construction site might surface twenty years from now :)

Archived