Washington Street Residential Tower

Jaybee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this will prod Khun to do more with his property than just a car dealership. I think a Bentley dealership could go nicely on the ground floor of something tall. A few Bentleys sitting around the lobby wouldn't be bad. You'd have to hide the parts and service department though.

I really like this tower. Very sharp. It's really hard to imagine what the trip along I-4 could look like. Who knows how many of these we'll ever see............

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least we'll have stunning highrises to gawk at as we're hopelessly mired in I-4 traffic. B)

In this photo it looks like the parking garage overhangs the light rail easement.  The garage should buffer any noise coming from light rail and some of the noise coming from I-4, but the front gets the CSX noise head on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice observation about the light rail.

Call me crazy, but I'm not a big fan of The Vue Charlotte. It looks like a blue Sears Tower knockoff with balconies hanging off every which way. That said, our Vue isn't an architectural masterpiece either, but I like its simplicity and stature.

I also happen to love this Washington St. building, although I think the optimistic color scheme of the rendering is helping that notion. It's a nice, sleek, stylish tower that should bring more life to the Orlando skyline and especially the blighted downtown neighborhood it will reside in. Very reminiscent of Miami's Blue.

Archived