Current Website Stats

brewerw

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last few months its seems like so many new people are joining. Can one of the Adminstrators post the current number of members and growth?

May 2005:

7.2 Million Hits

105,341 Unique Visitors

United States is our biggest percentage of originating traffic with China in 2nd place followed by Australia and Canada.

16% of our traffic came from Internet search engines with the remainder coming from simply clicking or typing the direct link from a source other than a search engine.

We gained 442 new members in May and our members made a total of 17,574 posts.

We are still growing and I can't wait to see what the stats will be a year from now!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I joined in October of last year, but forgot about during my second semester in school. Now, on vacations, I realice how much this forum has grown, exponentially. Few questions: How old is it? How did it become so popular? How many latin american are they?lol :D:blush::whistling::ph34r:

We began the forum as SkyScraperAmerica.com on August 6, 2003.

In March 2004 we abandoned the SkyScraper focus as there is only so much you can say about them and instead changed to the current format of UrbanPlanet.org

It became popular, based on the very positive feedback that we get for keeping the discussions at an adult level. The staff here does a really good job at making this possible.

Unfortunately we don't have any numbers on how many our forumers might be Latin American. From time to time we get members signing up from Mexico, Central & S. America. I wish we had more coverage from there but we are not really setup for anything beyond English.

The content on this site is definitely the best of the 3 message boards I regularly visit and post on. My only (small) complaint is that the server runs a little slow sometimes.

We're always adding new features, one of them is upgrades in servers from time to time as we outgrow our current state. We've had to upgrade before and it definately won't be a last. A faster future is on the horizon, I promise. ;)

I believe he said 4 xeons earlier. If it is running on 4 I sure hope an upgrade would not yet be necessary, maybe optimization but not an upgrade.

How is the load using this software as opposed to vbulletin? I don't know too many people that use Invision.

Correct, we're on 4 Xeons but keep in mind that also running on this server are several other sites that are either customers of mine or other projects of mine. The server is not yet dedicated for UP, but I would eventually like to do that and will eventually be required to do so.

Correct, we're on 4 Xeons but keep in mind that also running on this server are several other sites that are either customers of mine or other projects of mine.  The server is not yet dedicated for UP, but I would eventually like to do that and will eventually be required to do so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you build it yourself? Im trying to build a server for my house just to connect all the computers(built by me ;) ) together. I'm just using two celeron 400s on a Abit bp6 motherboard. I had laying around from one of my older builds.

Did you build it yourself?  Im trying to build a server for my house just to connect all the computers(built by me ;) ) together.  I'm just using two celeron 400s on a Abit bp6 motherboard.  I had laying around from one of my older builds.

No, the server is on a yearly contract with a datacenter. I don't have a pipe big enough running to my house to host websites, especially with this much traffic. :wacko:

Archived