Concord/Harrisburg Area Development

J-Rob

41 minutes ago, Reverie39 said:

Had no idea there were commercial flights out of Concord. That's pretty interesting. Charlotte slowly becoming one of those two airport cities? Lol

You should see the airport before claiming that 😀.  It is great for what it is, but the airport is basically 2 big rooms in a warehouse-type building: one for ticketing and baggage claim, the other for the gate(s).

I am not knocking it. I've used it and my family has used, but it is a little comical and surprising the first time you see it. 

Somewhat related, it's three letter identifier is USA, which is interesting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J-Rob said:

You should see the airport before claiming that 😀.  It is great for what it is, but the airport is basically 2 big rooms in a warehouse-type building: one for ticketing and baggage claim, the other for the gate(s).

I am not knocking it. I've used it and my family has used, but it is a little comical and surprising the first time you see it. 

Somewhat related, it's three letter identifier is USA, which is interesting. 

It's definitely true that the airport "terminal" is underwhelming compared to most, but I do wonder how many comparable US cities there are?  Obviously, we're nothing like New York or LA.  but for the most comparable these are the only ones I can think of:

• Orlando
  • Tampa / St. Pete
  • Philadelphia / Trenton
  • Dallas
  • Houston

Of course, Dallas and Houston's 2nd airports are much larger and more established.  Orlando and Tampa's 2nd airports have actual terminal buildings.  

My criteria was where the 2nd airport is part of the metro and not a 2nd, close, large city (such as San Francisco and San Jose, or Miami and Fort Lauderdale).  Particularly where the airline essentially advertises that you're flying to the main city (thus why I thought of Philadelphia).   Are there any others I missed?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, allthingsplanes said:

It's definitely true that the airport "terminal" is underwhelming compared to most, but I do wonder how many comparable US cities there are?  Obviously, we're nothing like New York or LA.  but for the most comparable these are the only ones I can think of:

• Orlando
  • Tampa / St. Pete
  • Philadelphia / Trenton
  • Dallas
  • Houston

Of course, Dallas and Houston's 2nd airports are much larger and more established.  Orlando and Tampa's 2nd airports have actual terminal buildings.  

My criteria was where the 2nd airport is part of the metro and not a 2nd, close, large city (such as San Francisco and San Jose, or Miami and Fort Lauderdale).  Particularly where the airline essentially advertises that you're flying to the main city (thus why I thought of Philadelphia).   Are there any others I missed?

St Louis Mid America Airport, Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport,  Paine Field Seattle, Norfolk International Airport and Newport News International.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, allthingsplanes said:

• Orlando
  • Tampa / St. Pete
  • Philadelphia / Trenton
  • Dallas
  • Houston

San Diego International Airport and Tijuana International Airport.  TIA is literally at the border.  There is a parking lot on the other side of the border, in San Diego, and a pedestrian bridge from the San Diego parking lot into the Tijuana airport.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Old Dominion Freight Line eyes former Philip Morris site in Concord for $18M, 100-job project

May 9, 2023, 2:32pm EDT

Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. truck

Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.

Concord City Council is set to consider incentives for a proposed project from Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. at its meeting on May 11.

It appears another investment could be on the way at the former Philip Morris site in Concord........

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/05/09/old-dominion-freight-line-concord-philip-morris.html?s=print

• Like 3

On 11/14/2022 at 9:59 PM, 704Dimitri said:

Harriet Burgers and Bossy Beuhlas is opening shop near Concord Mills, but also is opening up shop in Harrisburg as well! If you are familiar with Harrisburg; it will be right next to the 5/3rd Bank and across from the new Starbucks! I absolutely love Harriet’s in Optimist Hall! So excited about this one!

0C9C0BF3-80AF-43A3-9B27-A555D0147561.jpeg

78DA0E58-5E9A-4D0B-ABBA-686785D81DF6.jpeg

Does anyone know if this is still in play or the timing?