Major Tower Announcement Canceled?

monsoon

38 members have voted

1. 1. Major Tower Announcement Canceled?

• No - Charlotte has the economy to build all these towers
    • Yes - Too much at the same time, one will fail
    • All will be built, but one or more will be scaled back

Charlotte has had a number of stunning announcements on new tower construction in its downtown area. No other city in the USA of compariable size has this many this announced.

My question is in regards to this list that we have discussed here at UrbanPlanet over the past few months:

• Epicenter - 53 Stories - Trade & College

• The View - 50 stories - 4th Street

• Avenue - 36 Stories - North Church & W. 5th

• Trademark - 28 Stories - W. Trade

• The Park - 21 Stories - 3rd & Caldwell

• Courtside - 17 Stories - 6th & Caldwell

• 230 South Tryon - 13 stories - Tyron & 3rd.

Will one of these projects be canceled as currently announced? Please explain.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlotte has had a number of stunning announcements on new tower construction in its downtown area.  No other city in the USA of compariable size has this many this announced. 

My question is in regards to this list that we have discussed here at UrbanPlanet over the past few months:

• Epicenter - 53 Stories - Trade & College

• The View - 50 stories - 4th Street

• Avenue - 36 Stories - North Church & W. 5th

• Trademark - 28 Stories - W. Trade

• The Park - 21 Stories - 3rd & Caldwell

• Courtside - 17 Stories - 6th & Caldwell

• 230 South Tryon - 13 stories - Tyron & 3rd.

Will one of these projects be canceled as currently announced?  Please explain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the Park is not going to happen, the View and the Epicentre will be delayed or modified to a point of not resembling the original towers.

I just think the Park will not happen, at least not in the near future, but I do believe the rest will happen and am very optimistic about them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. I think Park is dead. THe others I believe are a go. The Avenue, Courtside, and Trademark have already started. The Epicenter is scheduled to be started soon after the OCC demolition (June 26), and the Vue (my favorite of the towers) is going to open there sales office within the next few months. I would really like to see 615 E. Morehead project up and running. (I think Atlrvr stated the developer is simply biding his time to wait and see how sales on other towers go). On another important side note Interest rates are VERY,VERY VERY low. The home buying power out there is at an all time high and developers know this. I think we will be pleasantly surprised at how many cranes we will see in the QC over the next 6-12 months.

:D

i think it is concensus that park will likely fail. i'm betting that we will not see any new announcements until at least 2 of the u/c towers are done.

the epicentre is a question mark for me, but i am still optimistic that it and the vue will happen, although i am not so certain they will stay as tall as currently planned.

courtside is going up! avenue is a go! trademark is is a go! s. tryon just needs to be reborn, but structure is there. the view has great momentum. epicenter has hit some bumps, but i feel good that it is going to be built - and would not be surprised if there isn't more sq. footage added to plan (small office tower). the park seems to be dead.

let us not forget that m street is going up! also, look forward to wachovia project with residential plan (across from the green).

the epicentre is a question mark for me, but i am still optimistic that it and the vue will happen, although i am not so certain they will stay as tall as currently planned.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NOOOOO!!!

Be optimistic, the force is with us! :ph34r:

M Street...

This is showing to be a large project. (at least from the angle I see it coming inbound on Independence Blvd.) Any ideas on the max height of the project. I figure just a wide footprint with less than 6 floors. I do not mind though as it adds to the density of center city.

Never to fear cinco...Wachovia is extending the Green condos (above the Ratcliff) across S Tryon, and the Firestone lot's days are numbered. We should see renderings for the new Wachovia tower very soon. I work at Wachovia, and this project is 100% going to happen. It will change the S Tryon end of CLT dramatically. Don't forget Wake Forest will be a part of the new Wachovia Tower. I went by today and they already have a banner announcing it as ther (Wake's MBA program) future Home....

It will be higher than both two and three Wachovia but shy of One Wachovia in height. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

definitely keep us posted. this is an awesome project. I'm a little surprised that they are going to make it rival 1 wachovia on height.

in some ways, that is bad news, as it may make them less likely to build a new HQ to be tallest in charlotte... but who knows.

There is a lot of potential for this project, as it has so many diverse uses... can't wait to see the architectural drawings.

Archived