Waltham Massachusetts - part 2

ezcheese

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a pretty nice stroll. i only wish it was longer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eventually they are supposed to have walkways the entire length of the Charles. Have you walked the portion through Watertown, that's very nice.

If you're in Watertown Square, the path leads down along the river from next to where the trackless trolleys loop around. It makes it's way all the way into Waltham, but I think there are a couple small gaps. There's a neat railroad tressle between the Newton Street and Farwell Street bridges, behind the shopping plaza at River and Willow Streets.

You can see the tressle, and pedestrian bridge beside it, here. vashnookenraggen has some photos of it on his site.

i have actually wondered where novell's compund is. i'll find it one day. i would like to go to the bose hq's in framingham sometime and check out that new car suspension system that is going to revolutionaize automobile comfort.

unfortunately, no that is not where i live. my gf and i did check those apartments out, but they are quite a bit more expensive than we wanted to go. i think a small one bedroom there starts at about $1500-$1600. in comparrison, we are about to move into a really nice 2 bedroom apartment (but it's in malden) for $1250 a month. (still outrageous IMO)

yeah, that was the commuter rail. i didn't get a very good shot, but i thought i would throw that one in there to see if anyone noticed. :silly:

I pay $750 in Providence.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah yeah, go ahead and rub it in! well, i was paying $670 a month for a 2 bed, 1 1/2 bath in greensboro. i miss those good old days. :cry:

i do need to get down and visit providence sometime soon. i spent about 20 minutes at the pawtucket u-haul unhooking the tow dolly from the highlander. i didn't exactly get to see the sights down there. ;)

Archived