16th & McGavock (29 stories, 300 residential units/200 hotel rooms, w/ ground level retail and internal garage)

markhollin

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

I believe there is more original brick beneath some of the cladding.  Also, there are some vaulted ceilings inside from the church sanctuary.

It makes you wonder why in the world they decided to put that ugly cladding on top of the original brick.  If it's worth saving I'm definitely all for it though, especially if the inside is nice!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NashRugger said:

Cadence just looking more and more out of place. Solid looking tower and excellent infill. 

It just blow my mind how much my hometown is changing in so many ways!

Yup.  I lived there when it first opened as apartments 7 years ago.  It was really nice and part of the new Nashville.  Now it's been turned into short term rentals and small compared to it's surroundings.  

• Like 1

• markhollin changed the title to 16th & McGavock (29 stories, 300 residential units/200 hotel rooms, w/ ground level retail and internal garage)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This project is now dead, just like the other Roers projects at Church & 15th and 207 14th Ave. North.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/minnesota-developer-no-longer-pursuing-midtown-site/article_4325a258-79ce-11ee-9de4-2776375180ca.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

This project is now dead, just like the other Roers projects at Church & 15th and 207 14th Ave. North.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/minnesota-developer-no-longer-pursuing-midtown-site/article_4325a258-79ce-11ee-9de4-2776375180ca.html

This developer had only done small 4-5 story projects previously. These projects were quite ambitious in hindsight. 

• Like 1

Yeah, seems like they had the talk but lacked the walk! Just as the M2 folks with the Ritz project, I’m not sure even under the best economic climate that they could’ve gotten anything done. 
has this project gone though all the preliminaries and metro permitting? Can someone pick this up and run with it , if they have the ability and desire? 

• Like 1