301 College Street High-rise mixed use development

gman430

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

10 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

Reading comments on Facebook on these new developments is comical. 

There are some lifetime Greenvillians that want us to go back to when the area was dead. They think that was quality of life. Sadly, those are the vocal ones, the same ones that think the new soccer stadium is a waste of taxpayers dollars. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gville2012 said:

Reading comments on Facebook on these new developments is comical. 

Apparently Greenville is losing it's "green" and charm because of projects like this. Never mind the fact that this will replace a tiny parking garage, LOL. Social media can be the absolute worst.

32 minutes ago, SVL said:

Apparently Greenville is losing it's "green" and charm because of projects like this. Never mind the fact that this will replace a tiny parking garage, LOL. Social media can be the absolute worst.

Agree, those people are ridiculous with their small town minds. There was an aerial picture posted of downtown from the sixties. The comments were they have taken away the green in Greenville etc, lol. There wasn’t a tree to seen in that picture. Greenville is much more Green now than then. These people need to move to Pickens or Laurens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Overall I agree with you guys, but I do think there is a point when a town gets too big that the hassle and negatives start to outweigh the positives, especially if you like a more laid back atmosphere. Greenville isn't at that point yet, IMO, but it will happen eventually. One day it will be the size of current day cities where this has already happened, and I don't look forward to that. Greenville has a nice window right now but it won't last forever. For me, with the current inertia, it seems it will happen sooner rather than later. Some people talk poorly about Greenville in the 90s but that time period was fine, IMO. It was in the early stages of it's rebirth and the falls was still covered but there was a lot going on and a pretty and budding area. We'll see how it unfolds...

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, apaladin said:

Yay!! When can we expect a tower crane? :yahoo:

Probably in November or December if I had to guess. Luckily, they don’t have to do much digging due to the parking garage being above ground instead of under ground. 

Edited by gman430

On 3/24/2023 at 1:19 PM, apaladin said:

Agree, those people are ridiculous with their small town minds. There was an aerial picture posted of downtown from the sixties. The comments were they have taken away the green in Greenville etc, lol. There wasn’t a tree to seen in that picture. Greenville is much more Green now than then. These people need to move to Pickens or Laurens. 

It’s their Greenville as much as it ours, and telling someone to move is not constructive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

It’s their Greenville as much as it ours, and telling someone to move is not constructive.

Change is inevitable. If people don't like living in a growing city they probably should make whatever changes that are available to them. Control what they can control. If I didn't like what was going on in Greenville, I personally would move somewhere like McCormick or Bamberg. Areas that are rural and aren't seeing any growth.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Received an update on this project from the Beach Company. Financing has been secured and everything is still on schedule with construction to start in September or October like previously reported. No delays with this one unlike some other projects downtown. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, gman430 said:

Received an update on this project from the Beach Company. Financing has been secured and everything is still on schedule with construction to start in September or October like previously reported. No delays with this one unlike some other projects downtown. 

So a tower crane by Christmas! :yahoo:That would be a great present, though probably not until next spring.