Spartanburg "Wish List" for 2023

roads-scholar

Below was my small wish list for 2022:

• An BIG announcement for the Grain District.  Buildings demolished and the site cleared but no announcements.
  • Construction to begin on downtown Fairfield Inn.  Some utility work but no construction trailers. 
  • The East Main Street condo/apartment development will get the green light and a timetable for construction will be announced.   We've been told construction will commence in March, 2023.

In 2023:

• An announcement pertaining to the Grain District (specifically along Daniel Morgan Avenue).
  • Construction to begin on downtown Fairfield Inn.  
  • Construction will begin on the East Main Street condo/apartment development.
  • Construction will begin on the Montgomery Ward Building.
  • Construction will begin on the office building behind the Marriott.
  • Construction will begin on the old Coca Cola building.
  • Construction will begin on the Union Street apartment complex adjacent to the rail trail.
  • Some news pertaining to the 3-story (or taller) "spec" office building on North Church Street.
  • An announcement pertaining to the "whispered about" high-density residential development on West Main Street.  
  • A timetable for West Main streetscaping project.  
  • Design renderings for the new city / county building and where it will be sited.
  • Construction will begin on the new planetarium.  
  • An announcement regarding the future of Morgan Square (this may be more appropriate for a 2024 wish list but what the heck). 

•  
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My 2023 wishlist:

--Construction start on all planned projects downtown 
--Spartan Grain and West Main development announcements (apts, stadium?, road diet, etc)
--East Main (Converse to St John) development announcement (road diet, motel redev, etc)
--More focus on transportation infrastructure (SPARTA, county road improvements, bike facilities)
--Adopt City Comp Plan and start zoning rewrite
--More infill announcements (Highland, Northside, downtown, etc)
--Better sidewalk maintenance and enforcement
--FINALLY finish Robert Smalls and start on P2
--City gets more aggressive on annexation

• 3 weeks later...

I'll go with what's been posted above but can we also work on the infra structure and add some road diets to slow some traffic down?

Also so many roads need to be paved its ridiculous and I imagine its beginning to have an  affect on the beautification of the town. So many of the roads are broken all to hell, huge pot holes, man hole covers either too low or too high etc. I am sure I look like a drunk driver going around town swerving all over but I am just trying to avoid a blown tire or front end shop.

• Like 1