Predictions for 2023

markhollin

On 1/17/2023 at 10:46 AM, Argo said:

Ritz-Carlton didn't announce it. The developer did. Ritz-Carlton just franchises their name. It's up to the developer to get the hotel built.

It looks like KVB south is a difficult area to build towers. Outside of 805 Lea and Peabody Union, nada. The rest are just spinning their wheels.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:37 PM, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

It does seem that way, right? I'm sort of scratching my head wondering why the Ritz is so delayed.

But then again, I think it falls back on a combination of factors for that circle area, in terms of skyscraper development--the sewer upgrades are probably way behind schedule, and preventing any shovels in the ground on any project over there. Also, due to interest rate increases and the overall shakiness of the economy, developers might be happy to delay groundbreaking in that area for up to 1-2 years.

What's gonna be kind of fascinating to watch, and sort of funny, is if the Giarratana curved tower gets built before the Ritz, Circle South or any other developments in that immediate circle area.

Maybe it's the curse of Sticks.  :tw_grimace:

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Anyone have a chain saw ? 

Maybe it just needs to be reimagined.... I just think it needs proper landscaping and more attractive lighting.

Anyway, so, will the infrastructure issues impact other developments in the SoBro area?  Surely the area near the roundabout is not the only area lacking in proper infrastructure development.

I definitely put the delays at the feet of infrastructure work and other things, not that the area is a tough one for towers.  Engineers put buildings on the sides of mountains, on man-made islands, on top of and in-betwixt other towers.  They can build them on those lots. If the money says get it done, it gets done.

My bold prediction for 2023 (if the economy holds) is that we finally get an announcement for the lot at Church and Polk.

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Auntie Yock said:

The New Hotel Tulane, 650' and 60 floors. Bears an uncanny resemblance to the Singer Tower (see photo in my icon).

Can we just get the Ritz towers started this year? I'd love something at the Tulane site, but wtf is going on with the Ritz project?  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lmc123 said:

My prediction:

Titans stadium deal is approved
Titans stadium village design renderings publicly revealed and moved on quickly to coincide with stadium construction
Metro issues TIF for East Bank corridor road and infrastructure improvements throughout
RMR site moves quickly
Oracle breaks ground

Sounds like maybe you know something?