Belle Meade Village (nine buildings of 12, 11, 10, 8, 2, and 1 stories, 388 residential units, 78 room hotel, 80,000 sq. ft. of retail, underground garages, and creekside park)

markhollin

I wonder how much opposition they'll receive from those uberwealthy neighborhoods behind/across the creek.  These look very nice for a suburban faux dt development.  And yet, I may take that back because of the parking skirt that fronts Harding Road. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

I don’t know how to feel about this because while it’s not the prettiest shopping mall, I used to shop there as a kid and also where would the Kroger go? 

Kroger already announced they were moving to the old Belle Meade theatre building.  (Harris Teeter closed the store that once operated out of that nearby space.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

It would certainly bring more vehicular traffic with more people living there, but this is where I get frustrated with the "same-old same-old".  I'm referring to the lack of creative solutions to growth (not just in Nashville).  In this case, the post above mine by go_outside hits the nail on the head. So Nashville (or __________ city) could choose to dismiss the inevitable changes that would come with a new development ('neighborhod") like this and just take the consequences no matter how much worse; or try to figure out how to predict the future traffic demands in an effort to accommodate the growth (or let it just spread further and further out).  So questions that might be asked around this:  How will traffic at this corner change with the supermarket gone (albeit to a block down the street)?  How will the traffic patterns change with more residential and less commercial traffic at this corner?  How will this corner impact the whole intersection?  Where would better exits/entrances be put that don't just pour out onto Harding?  Where would secondary street(s) alleviate traffic from one side of the intersection to the other?  And (of course) where would there be an opportunity for future transit?  Those are just a few of the questions off the top of my (completely and certifiably) unqualified mind in this field.   

This is connecting to Kenner Ave on the other side of White Bridge Road, which has a good right-turn access to White Bridge heading toward I-40.  

• Like 2

If this project actually happens, I hope there will be a better way to get from the new riverwalk to the existing Richland Creek greenway than walking under the adjacent parking garage along the "Truck Exit" as it is currently configured. This seems much more important than the stub "future trail connection" on the western end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

It is hard to say what makes traffic worse, A Kroger that has constant traffic or residential buildings that has traffic sporadic during the day. Yes, this will have retail, but it looks to be smaller retail shops and they do not generate the traffic that one grocery store will generate. That is what the folks could not understand in the opposition to the residential tower at the Steinmart location. That stupid little Raising Cains will probably generate just as much traffic as that residential tower would have and they still will not get a light at that entrance. The folks over there are as dense as led as far as understanding what can generate traffic. Fast food w/ drive thru, coffee shops w/ drive thru, and gas stations are about the highest traffic generators at peak hour there are.

It's impossible to take a left out of the Trader Joe's parking lot already. I can't wait for Cane's to add to the madness lol

I also don't see how the Kroger Belle Meade Theater will have any parking because it's already a hassle just going to the Fedex over there.

Edited by sambo