Richmond in Cranes

I miss RVA

Love this idea!  Thanks for putting this together and for maintaining it.  A suggestion would be to put the name of the project either above or below the photo when added to this thread. That would be helpful.  Maybe we can even resurrect our old crane map and add it here as well (remember that?)!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, eandslee said:

Love this idea!  Thanks for putting this together and for maintaining it.  A suggestion would be to put the name of the project either above or below the photo when added to this thread. That would be helpful.  Maybe we can even resurrect our old crane map and add it here as well (remember that?)!

Thanks, @eandsleeand VERY good call on picture names. :tw_thumbsup::tw_smile:   I'll tweak up the initial post with labels for each picture.  :tw_thumbsup:

7 hours ago, eandslee said:

I finally dug that back up from another computer, updated, and added it to @I miss RVA's post.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Icetera said:

I finally dug that back up from another computer, updated, and added it to @I miss RVA's post.

Thanks, Ice!! Very much appreciated! Really glad we have it as part of the thread. I moved it farther down below the introduction and the project listing. It will lead off the graphic portion of the monthly update with all photos following up underneath it.

QUESTION: What are you using to edit the map? Is it just a static .jpg file that can be updated in something like Paint (if I had Photoshop that would be awesome but ummm... a little outta my price range these days). Is there any spreadsheet or anything attached to it? What's your methodology for updating it?

The red circles - those are projects? Can those be edited out? Let me know how you maintain the map and I can run with it going forward.

Thanks SO much for digging it up!

P.S. - Ice - I DM'd you. :tw_thumbsup:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marinog711 said:

Tower Crane 

I will try 

I pass it on 64 on the way back to the city 

Awesome!! Thanks so much!

If you are able to grab a photo, would you mind posting it in the Suburban Development thread (so that it will serve as an update to it's specific suburban project) and I'll grab it from there and append it to the original post here. :tw_thumbsup: 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, marinog711 said:

Tower Crane 

I will try 

I pass it on 64 on the way back to the city 

I drove by this area in the last few days and don’t recall seeing one and don’t recall a project mentioned, does anyone know what this would be?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marinog711 said:

That might be it … I thought it was a tower crane but maybe I’m not remembering right 

That's okay, though. Doesn't have to be a  big "boom" type tower crane. We're also tracking the red mini-tower cranes - and the shorter crawler cranes, too.

Every crane is fair game to be photographically documented here. :tw_smile:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, marinog711 said:

That might be it … I thought it was a tower crane but maybe I’m not remembering right 

When I noticed the one Cox rd. it did look like a small tower crane, depending on how it was turned, the building, now almost done it looks like, was blocking the base that identified the type. It may be gone, I was by there as well recently and didn’t notice it, but maybe it’s hiding again!

• Like 3