In case I go quiet here

Binbin98

I don’t know where else to say this as I enjoy this forum a lot, and want to explain what is going on in my life currently.

I was living a normal life until one night I started having stomach pains and woke up to find a small hole on my stomach bleeding. Long story short I went to see a doctor and it turns out I have an invasive candida infection that stems from an apparent small wound on my stomach. What is crazy is I don’t remember being cut on my stomach or anything, but regardless I do in fact have candidiasis. Currently I am not hospitalized and taking antibiotics but I am going to the hospital to get a blood test. If the infection has entered my bloodstream I will need to be hospitalized immediately, the mortality rate for candidiasis is around 25%.

While this rate might not look that high, it’s high enough to where I’m feeling the need to speak about this here. If I go quiet on this server do not worry, I am likely in the hospital and getting the help I need in regards to this. I don’t think that this will kill me in the end, but it’s a very scary time for me regardless. 

please please please always take care of yourselves. This was extremely random to discover and has left me in a state of shock. Your body can turn on you at any time, so always treat it kindly. Stay safe everyone

-Ben

• Sad 8

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this @Binbin98 ... you'll be in all of our thoughts and prayers I am certain.  I completely understand your nervousness but just try and remember that these medical professionals deal with these sorts of issues on a regular basis, and I'm sure that since you are on top of the situation ready to head to the hospital ASAP if necessary, and have kept your doctors fully aware of your status as well, that you'll be just fine.  I'm guessing those 25% are mainly folks who either didn't catch it until it was too late or didn't think to do anything about it.  To be clear, I'm not at all trying to downplay your concerns, as any medical issue is of course worthy of concern and care, I'm just saying that you seem to be doing an excellent job of staying hyper aware and ready to do whatever it takes, which is half the battle!  You got this man!  All the best.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

On 1/25/2023 at 10:32 PM, Binbin98 said:

Good news I’m gonna be alright. I thought it would be ok but I’m getting treatment in hospital and should be out in a week. Thanks for all the well wishes. I’m on an antibiotic cocktail more or less

Glad to hear, but what the absolute entire hell.