OFFICIAL RVA/UP "You Da Man" SILVER Port-A-Potty Award

I miss RVA

3 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrighty gentlemen - I was going to make the official presentation last night but got sidelined with some other things.

I am pleased and proud to present the OFFICIAL RVA/UP "You Da Man" SILVER Port-A-Potty Trophy to our RVA/UP "You Da Man" award winners for the week of January 22-28, 2023.

Congratulations and a hearty MAZAL TOV go to:@Brent114 @Hikeand @Ward Wood!!  Your names are engraved on the prestigious SILVER Port-A-Potty trophy in recognition of your outstanding contributions last week in grabbing some amazing and timely pictures of the crane at Pinecrest/Parc View and the cranes at Westminster Canterbury. Extra congrats to @Brent114who has won this fantastic (and fun!) award in back-to-back weeks! :tw_smiley:

image.png.311057a7015ed78088a1aeb0506bf123.png

With Sharpie, small, making room for all the future recipients

A7220D8A-C535-4100-B1A6-0519B4D26AC2.jpeg

Edited by Hike
  • Haha 3

Just now, I miss RVA said:

One trophy per week - (as opposed to multiple trophies) - but I'm okay with multiple recipients if necessary. (Even the NFL has allowed the MVP award to be shared. :tw_thumbsup:)

I want to see competition for the best photo of the week.  When I was growing up, I think I have, it was first place and everyone else.

Here's an idea.  How about an online poll to choose the winner?  Polls close every Saturday at midnight.  If no one votes, you choose.  Thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Shakman said:

I want to see competition for the best photo of the week.  When I was growing up, I think I have, it was first place and everyone else.

Here's an idea.  How about an online poll to choose the winner?  Polls close every Saturday at midnight.  If no one votes, you choose.  Thoughts?

LOVE IT!! Great idea, @ShakmanWe could certainly do that if everyone's in agreement.

I'll second your motion.

Okay, folks - what do y'all think?

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eandslee said:

I third that. It’s awesome to submit photos (thanks for all who do), but the BEST one wins the prize!

@Shakman& @eandslee-- one additional thought: while photos usually are the big driver behind the award, the "RVA/UP YOU DA MAN" award can be for ANY significant contribution that really makes a huge impact on a given week. Again, I know photos will likely drive it - but nominations should be open to and based on just about anything. :tw_thumbsup::tw_smile:

To coin a phrase from a rather famous and really cool YouTuber - "anyway... it's just a thought."

14 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

@Shakman& @eandslee-- one additional thought: while photos usually are the big driver behind the award, the "RVA/UP YOU DA MAN" award can be for ANY significant contribution that really makes a huge impact on a given week. Again, I know photos will likely drive it - but nominations should be open to and based on just about anything. :tw_thumbsup::tw_smile:

To coin a phrase from a rather famous and really cool YouTuber - "anyway... it's just a thought."

I’m good with that too.  For example, what if someone has the scoop on the latest big development…yes, before RBS announces, etc. (would probably be fairly rare, but just an example).  I can see that person winning the award for the week!

Edited by eandslee

1 minute ago, eandslee said:

I’m good with that too.  For example, what if someone has the scoop on the latest big development…yes, before RBS announces, etc. (would probably be very rare, but just an example).  I can see that person winning the award for the week!

Most definitely!! And it has happened before. Recall our intrepid staff of crack investigative reporters have been able to scoop RBS on more than one occasion! :tw_wink:

• Like 3

So if a forumer who has Kool Aid icon, who can't get enough port-o-potty jokes and who CONSTANTLY makes silly comments can win this award for coming up with a great idea???     If so, I'm all in as well!   

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

QUICK QUESTION - is it possible to set up a survey/poll on this website? Do you guys still want to vote for the weekly award winner(s)? I'm fine either way we do it - either through voting for one weekly winner - or - anyone nominated shares the award (I'm a Libra, so sharing it makes perfect sense to me - Libras have challenges when it comes to choosing from a bunch of worthy options) - anyway, guys, lmk what to do so I can get @Hikethe name(s) for engraving on the trophy. :tw_thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

QUICK QUESTION - is it possible to set up a survey/poll on this website? Do you guys still want to vote for the weekly award winner(s)? I'm fine either way we do it - either through voting for one weekly winner - or - anyone nominated shares the award (I'm a Libra, so sharing it makes perfect sense to me - Libras have challenges when it comes to choosing from a bunch of worthy options) - anyway, guys, lmk what to do so I can get @Hikethe name(s) for engraving on the trophy. :tw_thumbsup:

I want to vote!

51 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Great! I'm fine either way - but can a survey be set up within this website? I don't want this to become an exercise in doing hand-tallies.

Here's one I found on line, checking here to see if it works, if it does, it also allows for using pictures with vote tallies.

https://strawpoll.com/polls/jVyG880NYn7

Edited by Hike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just an idea: Should we do this trophy monthly? Realistically, how many active users do we have on here and how many are even sharing pictures to be candidates? We may end up with 5 people taking majority of the 52 trophies.

I plan to post a lot of CoStar dev photos which means I'm guaranteed AT LEAST a vote by @I miss RVA each week :tw_joy:

Just want to make sure the trophy doesn't get diluted - we don't have the World Cup every year for that reason or the Oscars every month. I will be (proudly) displaying my trophy in my account signature below for all to see on every one of my comments :)

Edited by ancientcarpenter
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, ancientcarpenter said:

Just an idea: Should we do this trophy monthly? Realistically, how many active users do we have on here and how many are even sharing pictures to be candidates? We may end up with 5 people taking majority of the 52 trophies.

I plan to post a lot of CoStar dev photos which means I'm guaranteed AT LEAST a vote by @I miss RVA each week :tw_joy:

Just want to make sure the trophy doesn't get diluted - we don't have the World Cup every year for that reason or the Oscars every month. I will be (proudly) displaying my trophy in my account signature below for all to see on every one of my comments :)

That's definitely a good idea, @ancientcarpenter-- I'd be willing to do that.  And I have to apologize to everyone that I've fallen off the award train just a bit - I had to relocate house over the last couple of weeks and it's taken me away from a lot of my usual daily routine. I'm getting settled in for now - and will get back to our regularly scheduled programming regarding the trophies and RVA in cranes. Life got really hectic for a few weeks - but I think it's leveling off enough now that I can get back into a decent routine.

All of that said, I'm on board with a monthly award if that's what the community would prefer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

That's definitely a good idea, @ancientcarpenter-- I'd be willing to do that.  And I have to apologize to everyone that I've fallen off the award train just a bit - I had to relocate house over the last couple of weeks and it's taken me away from a lot of my usual daily routine. I'm getting settled in for now - and will get back to our regularly scheduled programming regarding the trophies and RVA in cranes. Life got really hectic for a few weeks - but I think it's leveling off enough now that I can get back into a decent routine.

All of that said, I'm on board with a monthly award if that's what the community would prefer.

We could start slow with monthly and go from there. 

Side note: We should do a somewhat better job mentioning UP in the rva subreddit. That's how I was brought here and look at me now I'm now a possible recipient of a silver port-a-potty maybe - I'm someone now!

Hope your move is going well. 

• Like 2