OFFICIAL RVA/UP "You Da Man" SILVER Port-A-Potty Award

I miss RVA

6 minutes ago, ancientcarpenter said:

We could start slow with monthly and go from there. 

Side note: We should do a somewhat better job mentioning UP in the rva subreddit. That's how I was brought here and look at me now I'm now a possible recipient of a silver port-a-potty maybe - I'm someone now!

Hope your move is going well. 

1.) Monthly: Sounds good to me.

2.) RVA/UP in the RVA/subreddit -- agreed. I've actually made it a point periodically to drop a link to our community here in the RVA subreddit, particularly when folks had questions about something that is pertinent to what we discuss here. The more we do that, the better.

3.) Many thanks, my friend! So far so good. I'm just exhausted from it, tbh. I don't feel like I've had the chance to really rest yet.

• Like 2

I’m also good with a monthly award.

Regarding advertising UP on Reddit - I’ve had some hesitation doing it in my posts over there.  I’ll just speak my mind now…there are some crazy mean people over there I’ve encountered and I don’t want them over here spoiling the good thing we have going on over here.  I realize that those folks are not the majority (not even by a long shot), but I’ve just been sensitive to it. Maybe my train of thought is all wrong, but that’s been my hesitation. Perhaps all the mean people over there have already been over here to browse and have decided that they’d never be a part of this group of Richmond economic development nerds!  LOL!

I welcome new people though - would love it!

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea RVA reddit is ok from time to time but I'd rather let people find us  - its those that do that are better fits for this message board. The average RVA Redditor is charged up on this or that and only really care about development at a surface level - we don't need to duplicate that here.  This message board has a better pace and attention span. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, eandslee said:

I’m also good with a monthly award.

Regarding advertising UP on Reddit - I’ve had some hesitation doing it in my posts over there.  I’ll just speak my mind now…there are some crazy mean people over there I’ve encountered and I don’t want them over here spoiling the good thing we have going on over here.  I realize that those folks are not the majority (not even by a long shot), but I’ve just been sensitive to it. Maybe my train of thought is all wrong, but that’s been my hesitation. Perhaps all the mean people over there have already been over here to browse and have decided that they’d never be a part of this group of Richmond economic development nerds!  LOL!

I welcome new people though - would love it!

Yep - the troll crowd among the denizens of RVA/reddit are annoying enough (and for the most part also clueless and/or myopic enough) that I don't frequent that forum as much as I used to because they tick me off and I have to try to restrain myself. Mind you, I've often unloaded on these clowns - but usually it's in the manner you see here on our forum. And while I might occasionally (as is needed) use some slightly "choicer" language over there if someone is being particularly obnoxious, I generally bombard these folks with FACTS. I don't argue with them on the basis of perception, myth, etc. I come at them with HARD, PROVABLE FACTS. Usually one of two things usually happens: 1.) they come around and figure out that maybe what they're purporting is little more than B.S. that's based purely on perception and they actually LEARN something. Or, 2.) they clam up and simply don't respond bc they have nothing to say that won't make them look BEYOND utterly stupid.

It's the same reason I got off of twitter a few years ago. Not worth wasting my time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Allllllllllllllllllllllltighty folks... wow - it's Saturday night and all's quiet on the RVA front, so it appears.

Welp - as it's the end of the week - time to present this past week's OFFICIAL RVA/UP "YOU DA MAN" AWARD SILVER PORT-A-POTTY TROPHIES to @eandslee& @Brent114for there absolutely EPIC photography of the ever-changing face of Richmond. Oh - and Brent, we found another SILVER PORT-A-POTTY TROPHY with your name on it from sometime in February - so you get to lug home TWO pieces of hardware tonight. (What will your wife say??)

@eandslee- I do believe I owe you another one from last month as well. 

Either way, gents - a hearty MAZAL TOV and CONGRATULATIONS on your well-deserved awards!

Engraving by OFFICIAL RVA/UP Master Engraver: @Hike-- Beautifully done!

19503827-F11A-4F72-BD84-E627D7B2AD84.thumb.jpeg.01d71d39d96c4cc26340f7190916ef5c.jpeg

BF3E3F7C-4084-44C3-8128-6409B4715F04.thumb.jpeg.3b22a615d5f917d7e0fae8f3e7a91cd9.jpeg

Love this!  Gave me a chuckle and made my day.  I’m humbled and honored!

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Shakman said:

Congratulations! 

Is that an airplane nose diving into the toilet?  Hope the toilet seat is up.

Mind you, I've been thrown into an airplane toilet seat in the past when using the plane's loo & we hit some major turbulence. NOT a fun experience! 😂

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Mind you, I've been thrown into an airplane toilet seat in the past when using the plane's loo & we hit some major turbulence. NOT a fun experience! 😂

Oh no.  I got throw off one during turbulence.  

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1