Setting change for site completed screwed everything up - please help!

Pdt2f

So I was just clicking around and on the main Nashville page i clicked what looked like a view setting, it looked like something where you'd change it from list to tile or something like that. It basically made the main page of any city on UP unusable - every time I click on the main page its just a white page that doesn't load. I can click around elsewhere in UP, and I can find individual topics like this, which work fine. I tried deleting the cookies and browsing history on my iPhone to no avail, and now I'm using my wife's iMac which also has the same issue. It seems like I switched to some sort of broken view setting that is linked not to my browser but to my account. Does anyone have any idea what to do? I typically navigate from the main Nashville page, that's the bookmark I have saved and I don't post on other city forums. I've looked around my profile but I can't find anywhere to modify view settings. I don't want to have to create a new account but UP seems to be leaving that as the only option...

anyone have any advice? I'm an IT guy and I'm normally pretty good with figuring this stuff out but I'm stumped. 

Was it this?

image.png.91ca8070b148169cbd388318457f12a1.png

I confirmed that clicking on the second (non-highlighted) button breaks the Nashville page to the point where you can't load it at all. If that's what happened, the way I found to solve it is to go to the Tennessee page instead (https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/191-tennessee/  ), where that view seems to work fine, and click back to the left-hand formatting option. Hope this works for you?

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, AsianintheNations said:

Was it this?

I confirmed that clicking on the second (non-highlighted) button breaks the Nashville page to the point where you can't load it at all. If that's what happened, the way I found to solve it is to go to the Tennessee page instead (https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/191-tennessee/  ), where that view seems to work fine, and click back to the left-hand formatting option. Hope this works for you?

That did it!!! Thanks a ton!!

image.gif.f982f9581b98b7982c96a05b4d0f7149.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 7:42 AM, AsianintheNations said:

Was it this?

I went there but I am somewhat computer challenged.  I searched everywhere there but could not find a button to access view settings to change to a left hand view.  Where is it and how do I find it?  "the second (non-highlighted) button" is not a very useful clue.  Please idntify exactly WHAT  and where this button is.  Thanks.

Edited by Baronakim

8 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

I went there but I am somewhat computer challenged.  I searched everywhere there but could not find a button to access view settings to change to a left hand view.  Where is it and how do I find it?  "the second (non-highlighted) button" is not a very useful clue.  Please idntify exactly WHAT  and where this button is.  Thanks.

Just below the "Coffee House" on the right side (above all the other subforums). 

On 2/13/2023 at 7:42 AM, AsianintheNations said:

Was it this?

I’ve had the same problem for 2 weeks now! Thank you!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

See below for larger context, on my browser this set of buttons is located right below the subforum list and right above the list of threads. In any non-Nashville page on UP, click on the button I've circled in red. I haven't figured out why this breaks the Nashville page specifically.

image.thumb.png.bc84b7e8f0fb1a791ed28e8df16a62d8.png

Edited by AsianintheNations