Plaza Tower

Florida

Concerning the earlier references to Kash N Karry, they closed all their locations outside of Tampa Bay and SW Florida. Also, with the ones left, they are all changeing formats to become an upscale Grocer called Sweetbay. They think they can compete against Publix.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can NEVER compete with the big P! Publix is the most awesome grocery store to shop at (can't say the same about working there, 5 yrs experience) but truly where shopping is a pleasure.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can NEVER compete with the big P! Publix is the most awesome grocery store to shop at (can't say the same about working there, 5 yrs experience) but truly where shopping is a pleasure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True dat ! My sister moved to L.A. a few years back, and one of the thing;s she misses most is Publix.

I have called the people about the plaza tower. They think the groundbreaking ceremony will not take place until sometime next month. When I called the guy was like they don't know because they still got to get some financial things together. I am so mad this really spoiled my day. I am so sick of waiting now! :(

^Oh I pray its not... one good thing about this project is the many commitments they have from future residents unlike the Civic Center Hotel that couldn't find financing because the project had little impact on people not directly involved, this building does and this project won't linger long. The City has an agreement with both developers (BCOM and Gameday) that if nothign is built within 3 years from the signing of the parcel sale contracts back in 2003 that the property will be turned back over to the city for rebidding. BCOM surely doesn't want to risk that.

I share Cityboy's concerns, however. This is the 2nd or 3rd time we've been told tomorrow, next week, next month. At some ppint Next month is going to need to stand for something, else Im going to stop talking about this entire project and guessing about what else could go there.

I called the plaza tower, and they said they will be breaking ground

"within the month" so... thats as close as an estimate as we get

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do they still have any desirable units or are the remaining one's stuck behind a wall ?

Yeah... all of the units for the plaza tower will have good if not very decent visability. This building doesn't smash up against any other building, matter of fact the property is large enough that it may actually appear to be its own little plaza.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived