Plaza Tower

Florida

You obviously love your city......you are so positive. :)

Well, it was a difficult choice between the NE or NW corner, both had much to offer. Even trying to choose what floor was taxing. My wife wanted to be on the 8th-10th floor and I wanted the 18th-20th floor, so hopefully the 14th floor was a good compromise. We chose the NE corner to avoid the afternoon sun and to be able to overlook the lighted town in the evening.

This past spring during our first visit to Tallahassee, we became interested in the Southwood development. However, after a couple visits to the development, the initial appeal wore off.

Again, thanks for taking the time to give us some comments. Tallahassee is really going to be a nice place to call home.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^You will be great neighbors, I can already see that!

I'm excited about seeing people move into the downtown area. Tallahassee as an isolated city, is a great place to live compared to many other places you could have chosen. We have our weaknesses to, but our strengths far outweigh them.

I think downtown is a great place to have your business, especially if you want to build high, but its even a greater place to live. Imagine the convienance you will have with direct access to not only your city and county governments, but you will be in direct access of your state officials, and governor! Isn't that exciting!

I'd go over and sit in the senate and house galleries when I'm bored sometimes, and its great. You'd be able to do that when ever you want. PLUS, as a NE corner resident you will have an excellent view of the ampitheatre the city plans to build on the plaza. I'll post an image of it later, but you couldn't have chosen a better place at a better time. I'm sure you will enjoy living at the Plaza Tower.

I have a question: Did the Plaza Tower people give you the same date for the ground breaking. October 18th?

Well I'm so happy you asked that... I think Sonny would try us again, he had quick success and seems to be more reliable at getting it done, and getting it done on time.

Here's the next site he should develop. He should build taller than the Tennyson here.

DSCF1738.jpg

It is this block that kills our downtown. And if developed properly, a high rise building here would dramatically change the way Tallahassee's skyline looks.

Here's an old concept done by the FAMU college of architecture... it shows this property's potential.

BOARD4.jpg

This building could house the "Hair on Earth Salon, Bank, and Association that are currently located on the ground floor level already... also there is the Tallahassee Downtown Improvement authority, however above, I see the potential for this building to house us, the people, in affordable condos within sight of the capital and our growing downtown. I'd like to see something between 17-20 stories here.

Nice find there TJ... Yeah, that would have an amazing impact!!! I like the brick idea, and the fact that the concept is not a box tower. I wan tot see more of the architecture style of fsu in DT... castle-esque with spired towers and balconies and such!. no offence to our current developments, but more fun silhuettes would be beneficial

Well unlike you two... I'm looking forward to more glass. I'd like more marble as well. Color is the key, not crazy color, but what we have between the Highpoint Center, And the education building. I think it would be interesting, and attractive. I think it would rather boring, riding through a downtown full of brick buildings, don't you all?

Archived