Nascar Hall of Fame?

ATL4EVER

Who Do You Think Will Get The Nascar Hall of Fame?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Think Will Get The Nascar Hall of Fame?

• ATLANTA
    • CHARLOTTE
    • KANSAS CITY
    • RICKMOND
    • DAYTONA BEACH

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice article, but I think if it is built in Atlanta, by the time the HOF is open, Tourism would have been aroused in the city. And don't forget, this is not Canton, or Springfield, or Farm Lane or whatever. This is ATLANTA, GEORGIA.

Nice article, but I think if it is built in Atlanta, by the time the HOF is open, Tourism would have been aroused in the city. And don't forget, this is not Canton, or Springfield, or Farm Lane or whatever. This is ATLANTA, GEORGIA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You say that like Atlanta is NYC. Atlanta is no NYC.

The article brings up some good points....is it really theasible that Atlanta or KC would bring in more people to the NASCAR HOF than all the HOFs combined? Not likely. Maybe in the first year, but there is no way that would be sustained.

The article even mentions Cleveland, which has the Rock and Roll HOF. I think that the R&R HOF would have a larger base than NASCAR, and it is only drawing 500,000 a year.

Frankly, ATL is known to exagerate things (ie weather, transportation capabilities, crime rates) about itself to get things it wants (ie Olympics)

I'm an Atlanta....well suburbanite....and I'm perfectly okay with them putting it in Charlotte. Yes, the more I think of it, Charlotte is the better fit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldn't agree more. I post on the HOF thread in the Charlotte forum sometimes. But it's only to add information about Atlanta that they hadn't heard. I'm secretly hoping, Charlotte leaders will see it and modify their bid somehow to be sure and beat Atlanta! I really hate NASCAR...

It is the Underdog compared to Charlotte and Daytona apparently.

KC is the real Underdog in the bids.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate NASCAR to girly, I just hope CLT gets it for the econmic impact. For CLT to lose it would hurt far worse than ATL. ATL would sigh for a moment and then just get back to business. I think if CLT loses it, it would be like someone punching you in the gut so hard you fall to your knees asking God to please let you breathe again. I know this is a harsh analogy, but I think if CLT loses it will say a lot about the corporate and civic leaders who think they have clout, but in reality might not.

A2 :sick:

Yeah, Most people I've seen haven't even heard of the Nascar Hall of Fame. Yall might as well take it. It would be strange for Atlanta's image. It just doesn't go with the Aquarium ( which is wierd ), or the Coca cola, or anything.

Yeah, Most people I've seen haven't even heard of the Nascar Hall of Fame. Yall might as well take it. It would be strange for Atlanta's image. It just doesn't go with the Aquarium ( which is wierd ), or the Coca cola, or anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think ATL is definately grounded as far as their tourist dollars go with the Aquarium, the coke museum and other attractions. I for one love going to stone mountain. Now there's a great shot of the city !!!

Plus don't forget ATL is still a big convention city. Charlotte is getting there, but still lags behind the ATL and New Orleans of the world. I was glad to see we landed the Baptist convention. (go ahead and laugh :lol: ), but it is still a great economic impact for the hotels in CLT and other buisnesses that rely on tourists and convention goers.

A2

When are they going to pick who gets it because they are taking a Loooooooooong time and I am losing patience.  I think Atlanta contributed the most in terms of Cash.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

before year's end. so don't hold your breath.

a2

More than likely Daytona or Charlotte, but this isn't the first time Atlanta has been the underdog and still won it (remember the Olympics).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm of the opinion that Atlanta got the Olympics simply because they HAD to put it in the South once. Beyone that, I remember the ATL Olympics being a debacle for the city in how it was executed, the controversy in the way the development was handled, and the tax burden it placed on the inhabitants of the city. It had to be held there, but I don't think anyone, including the locals, wants another one.

I hate NASCAR to girly, I just hope CLT gets it for the econmic impact. For CLT to lose it would hurt far worse than ATL. ATL would sigh for a moment and then just get back to business. I think if CLT loses it, it would be like someone punching you in the gut so hard you fall to your knees asking God to please let you breathe again.  I know this is a harsh analogy, but I think if CLT loses it will say a lot about the corporate and civic leaders who think they have clout, but in reality might not.

A2  :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aw... You're making me feel bad for Charlotte. I wanted Daytona to win, but if Charlotte needs it that bad... :)

I'm of the opinion that Atlanta got the Olympics simply because they HAD to put it in the South once.  Beyone that, I remember the ATL Olympics being a debacle for the city in how it was executed, the controversy in the way the development was handled, and the tax burden it placed on the inhabitants of the city.  It had to be held there, but I don't think anyone, including the locals, wants another one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, the IOC doesn't have to choose specific regions. They like to be fair, but there have been a lot of places that were always turned down. The USOC doesn't care where the games are located here, so long as a city in this country wins it.

Many of the problems from Atlanta's games were overstated. It wasn't that bad. It was certainly overcommercialized, but people enjoyed it for the most part. Many of the problems Atlanta had were not unique to Atlanta. They've become inherent problems of the Olympic Games. It was mentioned in another thread (by Neo?) that the games are in decline. That's pretty much true.

• 1 month later...

It seems that half of Atlanta will be perfectly happy if another city wins this but the bid team is all serious business. Heres some info and some of their arguments for ATL.

"The architects are with E. Verner Johnson and Associates Museum Architects and Planners, a Boston firm known for its museums, aqauria, and hall of fame work."

"City bid officials say that Atlanta offers a superior platform for the site, and can deliver more tourists with more diversity and who spend more money than their rivals. Our total retails sales are approximately the same size as Daytona, Charlotte, Richmond and Kansas City, combined. It's not hard to sum up our findings ... just more of everything, period."

"In effective buying income, Atlanta is larger than Daytona, Charlotte, Richmond and Kansas City, and that is just tip of the iceberg," Wilfong said.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories...y47.html?page=2

It seems that half of Atlanta actually wants this somewhere esle but the bid team is all serious business.  Heres some info and some of their arguments for ATL.

"The architects are with E. Verner Johnson and Associates Museum Architects and Planners, a Boston firm known its museums, aqauria, and hall of fame work."

"City bid officials say that Atlanta offers a superior platform for the site, and can deliver more tourists with more diversity and who spend more money than their rivals.  Our total retails sales are approximately the same size as Daytona, Charlotte, Richmond and Kansas City, combined. It's not hard to sum up our findings ... just more of everything, period."

"In effective buying income, Atlanta is larger than Daytona, Charlotte, Richmond and Kansas City, and that is just tip of the iceberg," Wilfong said.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories...y47.html?page=2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This will be the dilema the NASCAR officials will face.

Go with Atlanta because it's population base is much larger and it's tourist industry is larger or go with Charlotte because NASCAR is ingrained into the fabric of the city. It will come down to economics or tradition.

I wonder should they just go with tradition?

Renderings

6.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

While Im not in love with the design, I do think it would probably look better than these renderings suggest. I didn't care for the aquarium renderings either but Im really starting to like the real thing and I think these are the same architects. Anyway, I think it would be an awesome attraction for Nascar fans (Im not one).

Archived