Awesome Pics of Anchorage

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg I love looking at that city. It may not be the biggest, but Anchorage is one of the most beautiful cities in the country(at least in my opinion). The skyscrapers and with the bay and the mountians in the background just kicks it for me. To bad it's one of the most underated cities in the country. Alot of people don't know it even exist.

• 3 months later...

Quite a beautiful setting for a city. I'm always intrigued by cities that thrive and survive despite their geographic isolation. One of these days I have to take one of those cruises to Alaska from Seattle -- I hear nothing but amazement from those who've done it.

There's a lot of potential up there for some neat urban neighborhoods around there... The space is pretty limited by the mountains (I never realized how much so until I looked at a map), so that just makes an area ripe for urban infill... a mini San Francisco perhaps? Never know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Australian 1 must be insane! Who wouldn't enjoy a visit to such a beautiful place? I've been wanting to take an Alaskan cruise for several years now and these photos are enticing me all the harder. :wub:

My only question is, how do they keep the snow from piling too deep and heavy on all those flat rooftops? I would have expected more sloped roofs in Alaska than these pics show. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived