Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

urbanguy

Awesome Pics of Anchorage

omg I love looking at that city. It may not be the biggest, but Anchorage is one of the most beautiful cities in the country(at least in my opinion). The skyscrapers and with the bay and the mountians in the background just kicks it for me. To bad it's one of the most underated cities in the country. Alot of people don't know it even exist.

I like Anchorage's setting. It is one of the most beautiful in the country. The skyline and population are impressive for a city of its size and location.

Love the photos.

Quite a beautiful setting for a city. I'm always intrigued by cities that thrive and survive despite their geographic isolation. One of these days I have to take one of those cruises to Alaska from Seattle -- I hear nothing but amazement from those who've done it.

There's a lot of potential up there for some neat urban neighborhoods around there... The space is pretty limited by the mountains (I never realized how much so until I looked at a map), so that just makes an area ripe for urban infill... a mini San Francisco perhaps? Never know.

I have to say that the last picture you posted owns all. :shok: Sunset is very kind to Anchorage!

Awesome! :shades::yahoo:

EDIT: Hey look! I used all three of the most recently uploaded smilies in one post!

Hello, is there anyway that you could take more pics and share them with us? =)

hello urbanguy,,, i just posted one from january 1st 2006 in webshots,,, got to look under alaskandingo,,, take a look, use it if u want,,,, matt

Australian 1 must be insane! Who wouldn't enjoy a visit to such a beautiful place? I've been wanting to take an Alaskan cruise for several years now and these photos are enticing me all the harder. :wub:

My only question is, how do they keep the snow from piling too deep and heavy on all those flat rooftops? I would have expected more sloped roofs in Alaska than these pics show. :blink: