Eola Development

Jaybee

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoa, i had no idea these blocks were in consideration for redevelopment.  I was just walking through there the other day thinking, "man, the Sanctuary needs a neighbor!"  Jaybee, thanks, yet again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They've been on the MPB Case Schedule for June about a month. They are listed as Eola Development at 205 S Eola Dr.

are they planning residential or office?  Clearly this are preliminary renderings but they look office-ish.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are two line items for this development in the June Case Schedule:

1) Request for GMP amendment to change Residential Medium Intensity to Residential High Intensity

2) Request for rezoning to PD to permit a mixed use residential and commercial development

It would be awesome to have nice, dense residential/commercial all the way from downtown to Eola Drive. I think this could happen, especially considering there really isn't much standing in the way of that. Thornton Park doesn't really start until you get East of Eola Drive anyway. Central Ave will already be completely built out from I-4 to Summerlin with the completion of the Paramount and Tradition Towers. That will be VERY exciting.

You won't see it go higher than this, since this is a transition from the higher intensity of the Sanctuary to the single family neighborhoods east of Summerlin and townhomes immediately east of the project. This is residential (massing only), with ground floor retail with Plazas at the corners, with adequate right-of-ways to accommodate future Lymmo that supposed to go down Church.

You won't see it go higher than this, since this is a transition from the higher intensity of the Sanctuary to the single family neighborhoods east of Summerlin and townhomes immediately east of the project.  This is residential (massing only), with ground floor retail with Plazas at the corners, with adequate right-of-ways to accommodate future Lymmo that supposed to go down Church.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess we'll see all this at the MPB in two weeks, eh. Can't wait. It sounds great. I just wish Sanctuary & Jackson had done a little more for street life like Thornton Central did. Is there anything new going on with developing Constitution Green?

Zilch, the last I heard is that they were going to wait for the new Eola South Neighborhood Plan (which has a traffic analysis to allow these higher-intensity projects to happen), and also were going to possibly change their tall office building to a residential one.

a year and a half ago I never would have thought that this kind of redevelopment could occur on Eola Drive. Between this project, and the yet to be proposed Constitution Green project (also the jackson, sanctuary, and eola south) the whole street will be entirely changed.

Archived