Millenia High-Rise Condo

Jaybee

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the condos look very cool, especially with the retail at the bottom. This whole area is really filling in relatively fast. It provides an attractive "entrance" to Orlando coming north on I-4. Obviously not as exciting as downtown, but still exciting to me.

I love the condo...very cool look, and keeps with Millenia's glassy/modern appearance...I don't mind the office building either, especially if it's near those other two office buildings that have a similar look.

I just hope it doesn't get too crowded around Bloomingdales...that's the best place to park to get into the mall. Nobody parks there, no matter how crowded the mall gets.

I just hope it doesn't get too crowded around Bloomingdales...that's the best place to park to get into the mall. Nobody parks there, no matter how crowded the mall gets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So YOUR the one who's been parking in my spot at the mall... :P

So YOUR the one who's been parking in my spot at the mall...  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, it couldn't be helped! I'm crazy paranoid about getting dings in my car, so I always head over to that Bloomies lot because it always looks like a ghost town. I sometimes expect to see tumbleweeds blowing through.

• 3 weeks later...

Not as much regarding the proposed condo tower going in next to Bloomingdale's. Rather my question has more to do with new development in the Millenia area altogether...

It seems as though a Panda Express is going in next to Krispy Kreme, and that site work has begun on the Bella Terra office condos on the northeast side of DeVry. But, does anyone know what's going on with regards to the land clearing on the righthand side of Millenia Blvd. if you're driving towards John Young? It's the parcel of land that's previously been wooded area before you get to the retention ponds at John Young. Now that they've cleared the trees, you can see the back of The Tradition apartments.

There had been some talk of a mixed use development -- Millennium Parc -- going in at the corner of Millenia and John Young, but this parcel is between that future development and DeVry.

Just curious...

either a walmart supercenter or Ikea

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, the Ikea rumors have been proven to be just that -- rumors. Ikea said they're looking to do a store in South Florida, but not Central Florida. There were several threads about this on this board a couple of months ago.

Not as much regarding the proposed condo tower going in next to Bloomingdale's. Rather my question has more to do with new development in the Millenia area altogether...

It seems as though a Panda Express is going in next to Krispy Kreme, and that site work has begun on the Bella Terra office condos on the northeast side of DeVry. But, does anyone know what's going on with regards to the land clearing on the righthand side of Millenia Blvd. if you're driving towards John Young? It's the parcel of land that's previously been wooded area before you get to the retention ponds at John Young. Now that they've cleared the trees, you can see the back of The Tradition apartments.

There had been some talk of a mixed use development -- Millennium Parc -- going in at the corner of Millenia and John Young, but this parcel is between that future development and DeVry.

Just curious...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to a newscast of WFTV I saw a couple of months ago, the area will be a mixed used development. There were renderings of an office tower in this complex that looked to be about 15-20 stories tall, however I have been unable to find any additional information other than what I saw on TV. I had mentioned this back then on the main discussion thread, but nobody seemed interested or had any information.

• 1 month later...

Millenia Parcels

The applicant is requesting master plan approval for development of six buildings containing + 700 multifamily dwelling units, + 50,000 sq. ft. of ancillary ground floor retail, and associated parking structures. The buildings proposed, which will be developed in two phases, range from 2 stories to 10 stories and will include outdoor amenities such as including a roundabout/water feature that terminates at the main entrance drive and two swimming pools.

Master Plan

milleniaparcel19pe.jpg

Proposed Elevations

milleniaparcel39kq.jpg

milleniaparcel49os.jpg

milleniaparcel59qx.jpg

Staff sketch of recommended main street design

milleniaparcel20vi.jpg

Source - MPB

• 11 months later...

Now that we know IKEA is coming to Orlando, does anyone know where in the site is in the Millenia area. (IKEA is no longer a rumor, to open 2007)

just to the right of the "subject property" pictured in that ariel.

I think a more pertinent question is what ever became of these residential high rises? at least the office bldg. went up (Duke Realty).

• 1 year later...
I just noticed construction happening adjacent to the Old Navy store next to the Mall of Millenia. Does anyone know what type of development is planned for that site? I also noticed that construction activity next to the Mimi's Cafe as well. Any ideas?

• 3 months later...
The building is almost finished, but still no mention to what it will be. Can someone confirm if Havertys is going to be the tenant? Does anyone know what is happening to the area south of Bloomingdales, behind the Northbridge Apartment Homes? Renderings?

Archived