Downtown

Florida

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might be right. If we were to reallign the streets as we've discussed, we could extend the boudaries of the downtown and open up North Monroe for more development. There are several sites along this area that could be transformed from the Captiol to Lake Ella.

So if a elevated roadway were constructed and it were in close proximity to downtown, that would make alot of people worry about our walkability... but it would pull people off of the dowtown grid and the city could incorporate the overpasses into the COP right? make it pretty, with old school arches and brick instead of concreate faces... and plenty of lighted wakways so that the K2 developers are happy and more resedential can move in east of Monroe.

You give great ideas with your elevated road way. But have you ever thought about the possibility of an underground passage for either 90 or 27? Which would work best as an under or over road? I have my own ideas but Im not ready to release them just yet.

WOW man! Thats awesome... I see you have far more posts than I do also. You've been a busy guy! A young man such as your self has a bright future ahead if you're already interested in such mature conversation. Keep it up! You'll always be an editor in my book!

I've been doing some thinking about this Tennessee - Monroe intersection, and what I think the city really needs to work on is directional sinage to get people off of Monroe before Tennessee and onto the one-way Calhoun, while also working to reshape and enhance that intersection, possibly allowing a merging turn lane instead of the basic corner at the light. Im not a traffic engineer but Im sure this can be done.

I spy some activity at this restaurant site on College Avenue. I didn't have time to stop and ask crews what they were up to but this could possibly be a new hot spot downtown.

DS2_0087.jpg

Also... here is the current talk of downtown... Cool Grindz Cafe'. I stopped in and noticed right away their funky furniture, it was clearly from another country. But it was all quite unique, and refreshing. They served me a great smoothie, and I even purchased a piece of their New York style cheese cake... it was good... Enough with the advertisement here is a picture of the joint.

DS2_0089.jpg

There has been a skywalk proposed by Leon county that would link the back of the county courthouse to the front of the annex(Bank of America). This proposed skywalk would help pedestrians avoid the traffic Calhoun Street brings. If proposed this skywald would be built in late 2006 or early 2007 with a cost of about 1 million dollars. Would it really cost that much to build a skywalk? :blink:

• 1 month later...

I've stared at that building for hours at a time and I can't see how these windows work. Who wants an office with no window? At least.... why aren't there any windows along the entire top of the building. It drives me crazy!!! I can't figure it out and I don't know the story behind the design. Let's just hope they decide in the future to either paint the blank spaces blue... lol... or find the money to purchase some windows.

Funny thought, you know its like watching a dvd, getting half way through, and having someone yell, how long has it been in widescreen?!?!?! lol... dang-it, i havnet noticed it before and now i will not be able to ignore it. One of the tallest in town and it is flawed...lol. I cant get passed the pink and blue... looks like a baby shower for a newly born downtown... a far stretch.

Archived