Off Topic: NBA Finals Thread

dnast

Since nobody else created it, I'm starting the NBA Finals Thread.

The Pistons got off to a good start because of San Antonio's rustiness. The Spurs woke up and the Pistons can barely make layups. If the first quarter is any indication, this'll be one of the best Finals since the Bulls' last run.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of observations:

1. Ben Wallace still does not get any respect. A couple of time he tried to take the charge and did so successfully he got called for blocking fouls. The man is Defensive Player of the year for a reason. Then on the offensive end he goes in for the dunk and gets called for a foul but the guy is two feet inside the cylinder. Absoluely zero respect.

2. I get the feeling the Manu Ginobili has a Shaq like quota when it comes to offensive fouls. Hes reckless and should have been called for charges on several occasions but the refs didnt blow the whistle. And what also bothers me is that he flops on the defensive end. He has a reputation as a flopper yet for some reason the refs still let him get away with it.

3. Pistons played great defense until everything fell apart in the fourth quarter shortly after the blown charge call involving Ben and Ginobili.

4. The Pistons need more ball movement on offense and need to get their bigs involved more. Sheed and McDyess had poor games and both of them, the whole team for that matter, missed a lot of open shots 10 ft. and in.

Im disappointed with the outcome but this game is exactly what I had expected. Hard fought with both teams feeling each other out. I expected the Spurs to win game one and I fully expect Detroit to take game 2.

I think Detroit is in trouble. San Antonio equally excells in the areas the Pistons normally have an advantage in, and have a better all around offensive game. For Detroit to win this series, Wallace is going to have to step up his game, especially on the offensive side (like he did in the opening game against Miami). Detroit can make it a series if they can pull out game two in San Antonio. If not, they'll go down in 5.

I hope the Pistons wake up and see what they're doing wrong. It's frustrating watching them play that way when you know how they really can play. They've only played "Pistons basketball" (for more than a quarter) in a few games so far this playoffs.

Rip didn't show up. I'm not talking about the fact that Rip missed so many shots. Everyone is entitled to an off night, but he was a no-show in all the other categories (1 Reb, 0 Ast, 0 Stl, 0 Blk). He can't let his offensive struggles affect the rest of his game.

I also can't understand why Rasheed hasn't been shooting. He got off to a good start and disappeared once again. His defense was great, but after the first several minutes of the game he didn't do anything offensively. Watching the first quarter, nobody could imagine him only getting 6 points on 6 shots for the whole game. I'm not sure if he's avoiding the ball or that the guards aren't passing to him. Whatever the case, it needs to be fixed now. Luckily, we got away with that stuff against Miami.

wow, what an incredible game! The key in that sentence being that it was a game, lets try it again on thursday! When detroit goes on their defensive runs, its almost impossible to beat this team (see 4th quarter).

i tune in to the game.... hoping for some nice skyline shots of detroit (cause usually sports casts do that kind of thing when coming back from a commercial), and nothing! I'm stuck here in Texas and I can't get one live shot of the Ren Cen or downtown. Boo on you ABC and your horrible coverage.

Oh well at least the Pistons won game 3

Part of my superstition with the team this year is that they do better when I don't pay full attention to the game. Watching the Miami series, though, TNT had some pretty decent shots of downtown. It's sad that they have to leave a crew 30 miles from the game to get them though.

From what I saw it was a solid win. I'll have to get me a Tivo or something. Most of what I saw was pretty good except for even more layups missed. I hope the Pistons keep this mindset throughout the rest of the series.

I wish I could've watched the game more closely, but it was worth the win. If the Pistons find their way to another championship this year, they probably won't win one next year if my superstitions hold true. I can't keep this half-watching-the-game stuff up for another season.

Dnast I tried the same thing last night. Usually I watch in Hi Def in the living room but this time I switched it up and watched on the 13" TV next to the computer while doing other things. Im glad they won but now i have to watch on a tiny TV. It will be worth it though if they can pull the series off. It was nice seeing the Pistons actually play their game. They still need to stop crying to the refs though and stay focused on beating SA.

How can you leave a guy who has been shooting the lights out all night open for a three, when it's a 2 point game. This was just bad judgement on Sheeds part. He was trying to blow the game due to something stupid all night (when he tried to call time out at the end of regulation with no timeouts remaining).

Archived