Off Topic: NBA Finals Thread

dnast

Sheed called for a timeout prior to time actually running out, you could read his lips before he attempted to do the hand signal. Anyway great game, definately one for ESPN classic. Unfortunately, Detroit left the only guy open that should have been covered at all costs. Lets hope for two more competitive games.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Pistons really blew this one.

They had tons of times in OT where they could have made a basket and would have won it in the end.

2-3 Spurs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. The Pistons aren't agressive enough under the basket when they are ahead. They toss the ball around without that extra effort that can pull them away or keep them in the lead when the Spurs get the offense. EVERY BASKET COUNTS IN THE FINALS! You could sense this in Billup's frustration after the game.

How can you leave a guy who has been shooting the lights out all night open for a three, when it's a 2 point game.  This was just bad judgement on Sheeds part.  He was trying to blow the game due to something stupid all night (when he tried to call time out at the end of regulation with no timeouts remaining).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly what you said. I lost a lot of sleep last night because I was so angry. You make them take a 2 pointer so that means dont leave a guy wide open for 3. Sheed dropped the ball big time. He probably cost Detroit a repeat. I mean why would you double team a guy a has 4 pts in the second half with his back to the basket and leave wide open the guy with over 20 pts in the half and had already hit 4 three pointers. I dont claim to be a basketball genius but that seemed blatantly obvious to me. The second he left for the double i was screaming at the television.

Doesn't this series remind you of last year's series with the Nets last year? Starts out with 4 blowouts, Pistons lose in overtime (triple, actually) at home for game 5, then go on to win the next game on the road. The only difference is that game 7 is on the road this time.

I think I'm going to purchase one of those home defribillators for tomorrow's game. I could barely watch the last game.

By the way, do the Spurs always play the "Undertaker" music during the opposing team's introductions? I missed the intros for games 1 and 2. That was almost as annoying as them planning a parade for Thursday.

I heard a great Pistons song on the radio yesterday in Detroit. I don't remember how it went, but they had sound bytes of Kwame's momy in it! It was the greatest!

I'll be proudly wearing my Pistons Jersey to work tomorrow. We don't have a dress code, but even if we did, everyone loves Deeeetroit Baaaasketaaaal.!!

Dnast, I didn't notice that so much as that Rob Thomas song they're always playing.  Is there no end to the whoring out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is really the only thing i hate about the NBA and its the fact that its always looking to whore itself out and do cross promotional stuff. If it isnt TNT then its ABC and ESPN. That Rob Thomas song is awful and to hear it 10 times a broadcast is nauseating. And im getting real tired of Eva Longoria too. I dont watch that show shes on but i feel as though I have with all the face time they give her. Alright shes on a hit show that happens to be on your network, i get the idea now how bout some basketball. Im also really tired of this pregame crap starting at 8:30 with the game not tipping til 9:20. I love the basketball but I hate the package it comes in.

I think pretty good. Detroit has been in these game 7's before, 3 in last 2 years, while SA has not. That bodes well for Detroit. Plus SA has to be thinking to themselves that they already blew a chance at home to win the series and now they have to find another way to win. Also good for Detroit. And lastly SA's superstar Tim Duncan doesnt want the ball down the stretch because he misses so many free throws. Thats great news for Detroit. I think SA will come out a little tight and Detroit will be loose. I think its a close game til the fourth quarter when Detroit pulls ahead for good.

Sadness

depressed.jpg

But hey, we are still a kick-ass team. My Pistons pride will continue strong.

I watched the game at a party tonight. Things pretty much ended and people left right after the game. The thing was, when I got in my car, I realized that every single game we had watched at this particular house was a lose, where when we watched it at my friend's house in Saginaw, it was always a win. I should have known.

I missed the last 60 or so seconds of the game. I couldn't bear to watch it. I know it might sound like a sore loser's statement, but that had to be the worst game 7 in The Finals ever. I was thinking that from the start (for those who still think I'm being a sore loser). Those fouls (on both sides) were WAY to ticky-tack for a game with this much importance. I can't say the officiating was bad, though. The only really bad thing I noticed was the non-call on Rip for travelling in the opening minutes of the game.

Congrats Spurs fans. You guys earned it, but I just wish the Pistons didn't go on one of their shooting slumps during the most important game of their lives.

By the way, since my TV lost power (heh heh) who was the MVP? Hopefully it was Tim. He had his flaws and mishaps throughout the series, but he was still the most consistent of them all. Ginobili played pretty good, and Horry simply picked his shots (yeah, I hate to give the guy credit). It was a hard-fought ugly game, but somebody had to win it. Hope to see the Spurs in next year's Finals...

Talk about all the calls for those minor touch fouls! But other than that, it was a great game and a great series. And although I was rooting for the Spurs (don't kick me!), Detroit is an awesome team and I have the utmost respect for them. We'll be seeing a lot more of the Pistons next season, I'm sure.

Archived