FL-GA/GA-FL Game To Remain In Jax?

RiversideGator

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was all started by the UGA athletic director, who wanted to have the game every so often in the Georgia Dome (Atlanta, bah!).

However, I really don't see this happen. I just got back from a cruise, so I'm a bit lost over what happened this past week, but last I heard, they were close to a deal.

The GA Dome is a horrible place to see a game. If you happen to be in the upper decks, you feel like you are about to fall onto the field. I also think real football should never be played inside. And, it is in a bad part of town. At the last Peach Bowl a bullet fell through the roof and hit some girl in the leg.

The GA-FL/FL-GA game belongs in Jax also for the South GA UGA fans. Jax is more convenient for them than Athens or ATL. As to the home field advantage, Texas-OK is played ever year in Dallas and the Sooners beat the crap out of UT every year. And, UGA beat us last year. Anyway, I think people in Athens have decided to leave it here hopefully.

There are a lot of UGA fans here in JAX as is, and then when FSU is factored in UF doesnt have that large of a homefield advantage, if any, ive always considered JAX neutral for this series and im sure the sports world does too, especially after all of the "Jacksonville being in Georgia" attacks.

Archived