Car Free in Providence?

TheBostonian

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If by "snacks", you mean "cocktails", I'm all over that!

We could use the tree truck around here once a week, the way things are going. Guy whose son is developing the vacant lot at the corner of Camp and Pleasant told me a couple of years ago regarding trees: "I hate 'em! I'd like to take 'em all down so it's like Fox Point!". I thought he was just yankin' my chain, but then they went and clear-cut the empty lot last spring. Way to work against the ever-present threat of 25% canopy cover!

When will you be down this way? And where are the new trees going on Camp?

don't forget the expansion of the commuter rail to TF Green Airport/Warwick and Wickford Junction (North Kingstown) in late 2009. This should help alleviate both traffic on 95 and route 4 during the rush hours as well as providing another option between the city and airport. We don't even know what the re-routed RIPTA system will be when the intermodal center opens at TFG too, so it should be even better!

The opening of the 95N to 195E section at the end of the year should really help divert much of the congestion from Thurbers to 146 during the morning commute by taking all the EP and west of Providence workers away from downtown.

Archived