Greenville Skyline Renderings?

Greenville

Given the list of 10 or so highrises in the works for downtown Greenville, I am naturally curious to know what the skyline will look like after these projects are completed. I realize that the cumulative effect of these projects alone will not be realized for several years, and hopefully by then even more impressive projects will be underway. Nonetheless, I would still love to see some sort of proposed skyline with the addition of these projects. Are any renderings out there, and if not, is anyone here planning on creating one? I am sure it would be a big undertaking, but I would certainly like to see something like that if anyone here is working on it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hommade renderings thread was definitely needed. Now, if I just had some of the renderings of the proposed high rises, I could maybe put something together :)

Perhaps I can work something up with just some shadowed rectangles. No promises, but stay tuned, just in case.

I have certainly been planning to create such renderings as you spoke of, but have been overloaded recently with other projects. I hope to have at least one of them done within a week or two (keep your fingers crossed!). I obviously won't have the actual renderings of the buildings themselves, but I can make simple boxes as representations for now, and hopefully come up with a general likeness. :) Greenville's skyline will be very impressive once these buildings are complete, and it will only get better I assure you. :thumbsup:

It's rude, crude, and socially unacceptable; however...here is my futile attempt.

I'm sure it doesn't do the actual future skyline justice.

Before Image:

Greenville20SC20Skyline.jpg

After Image:

HomemadeSkyline.jpg

Edit: Please note that the numbers shown in the rendering correlate to those from Skyliner's list at the following thread:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11854

Also, Green represents known projects that are either under construction or that will be very soon. Yellow represents those yet to be finialized.

I noticed you have the Keystone Properties building (#7) on the opposite side of Main Street. The Kimbrells building is actually across from Poinsett Plaza. That tower will probably be built right next to the Kent Court/LeggMason building on the Falls @ McBee corner. :)

Ok, I tried to give more of a view of what the skyline might look like from a distance.

This is just of all the buildings finished and together. a comprehensive look at the skyline:

downtownview_small2.jpg

The new buildings are in a lighter gray and the numbers are from the same list as the other renderings above:

downtownview_small.jpg

I noticed you have the Keystone Properties building (#7) on the opposite side of Main Street. The Kimbrells building is actually across from Poinsett Plaza. That tower will probably be built right next to the Kent Court/LeggMason building on the Falls @ McBee corner. :)

Okey Dokey, Smokey! All fixed! I've borrowed from some renderings of River Place (yes, I do realize that the orientation of this rendering is kinda funky) and Pinnacle on Main to bring more realisim to the overall rendering. As more renderings become available, I'll roll them into this one as well.

Edit: Rather than add an additional image to my PhotoBucket, I've just re-uploaded the modified image and will continue to do so, so refer back to the original post above for the updates and re-load if necessary.

Enjoy!

It's rude, crude, and socially unacceptable; however...here is my futile attempt.

I'm sure it doesn't do the actual future skyline justice.

Before Image:

Greenville20SC20Skyline.jpg

After Image:

HomemadeSkyline.jpg

Edit:  Please note that the numbers shown in the rendering correlate to those from Skyliner's list at the following thread:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11854

Also, Green represents known projects that are either under construction or that will be very soon.  Yellow represents those yet to be finialized.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is GREAT RT! :thumbsup: Thanks! Nice to see this kind of overview! Amazing.....Greenville's skyline looks like it is about to double in size!

There was a request for this in the New Columbia Tower thread- a conceptual rendering of what a new tower in Greenville might look like.

gville_concept_skyline01.jpg

As I said there, this is my only good skyline shot of Greenville. If anyone has any others, I will be glad to work with that.

I may redo this with a different buiilding if I ever cut one out:)

Thanks to RestedTraveler for reminding me that this thread already existed :)

There was a request for this in the New Columbia Tower thread- a conceptual rendering of what a new tower in Greenville might look like.

gville_concept_skyline01.jpg

As I said there, this is my only good skyline shot of Greenville. If anyone has any others, I will be glad to work with that.

I may redo this with a different buiilding if I ever cut one out:)

Thanks to RestedTraveler for reminding me that this thread already existed :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like this. :thumbsup: It looks like it belongs there.

I like this.  :thumbsup: It looks like it belongs there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. It looks great...now if I could just keep the thought that it's a 40+ story 600+ foot building out of my head. :)

Some smaller version of that Jacksonville BoA Building definitely would look great downtown, though! Heck, a smaller version of the Charlotte BoA Building would, too.

I agree.  It looks great...now if I could just keep the thought that it's a 40+ story 600+ foot building out of my head. :)

Some smaller version of that Jacksonville BoA Building definitely would look great downtown, though!  Heck, a smaller version of the Charlotte BoA Building would, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

This is based mainly on RestedTraveler's diagram. It really doesn't do the skyline justice (and is probably not very accurate), but hopefully it may give you a better idea of a how Greenville may look in the future. :)

Before:

old-greenville.gif

After:

new-greenville.gif

:)

This is based mainly on RestedTraveler's diagram.  It really doesn't do the skyline justice (and is probably not very accurate), but hopefully it may give you a better idea of a how Greenville may look in the future. :)

Before:

old-greenville.gif

After:

new-greenville.gif

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's most excellent, Jason-P! Nice work! I presume the building to the right of the Landmark Building is the new Federal Courthouse? If so, you may want to move it to the left of the Bi-Lo Center. Other than that, it looks pretty accurate to me from the information we've accumulated here thus far.

Nice Work! :thumbsup:

Archived