Town Hall meeting with Peyton

vicupstate

We had a great turnout last night. Let's see if we can match it at the Town Hall Meeting on Monday, June 20th, at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the FCCJ Downtown Campus in the Auditorium, Building A - Room 1068. The address is 101 W. State Street. This meeting is sponsored by the Urban Core Citizens Planning Advisory Committee.

^^ This is from the Springfield message board.

Many of us in this forum have complained about the progress (or lack thereof) since Peyton took office. This is a great opportunity for the forum to have an IMPACT on urban issues, rather than just type about them.

The setting is downtown, Peyton will be there. Let him know what you think. Let him know that there IS a constiuency for downtown redevelopment. After all, there will be Springfield folks there already. The Burns RFP issue should be decided by then. This would be a great chance to say "good selection" or "what were they thinking?" [Of course, don't forget your manners :thumbsup: ]

Also, you can get an answer from the horse's mouth on the courthouse, the Landing, the Barnett, the Shipyards or any other issue.

Who knows, maybe he will be persuaded on some issue or another. Like him or not, he's the mayor for at least two more years. Don't let this chance go by. This would also be another chance for forumers to meet, and then head over to London Bridge afterwards.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Burns RFP issue should be decided by then.  This would be a great chance to say "good selection" or "what were they thinking?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The RFP responses are public. You can pick them up at the office of procurement for a small copy fee. I believe you guys would enjoy them.

Is someone bringing water balloons or a paintball gun to this meeting! It would be so oppurtune! :lol: And RiversideGator can help us find his car, and "redecorate it" UrbanPlanet style!

But in all seriousness, I hope some important questions can be asked and answered in this meeting! ESPECIALLY about urban jax! Sadly, I can't go.

Just a reminder about this. This would be a great time to express your views on any issue or just see what kind of impression he makes on you. Also, you could have an after event somewhere.

Town Hall Meeting on Monday, June 20th, at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the FCCJ Downtown Campus in the Auditorium, Building A - Room 1068. The address is 101 W. State Street. This meeting is sponsored by the Urban Core Citizens Planning Advisory Committee.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Town Hall meetings give chance for public to air issues

3.png

by Beth Slater

Staff Writer

The auditorium was nearly packed, and at least two dozen people stood along the back wall and down the side aisles. They approached the microphone in an orderly fashion, each person asking questions of the mayor and persisting until they had an acceptable answer from him or the other City officials in the panel.

Most of the questions were directed to code enforcement. A few were directed at law enforcement. But each carried with it the citizen

Finally Peyton grows some spine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you see any irony in making that comment from behind a screen name?

A pot shot like this makes no sense to me. The Mayor has been against the homeless use of this building since the GSA announced its intentions months ago.

Where else would you say he "lacks spine"? It seems to me his most controversial decisions come from issues that come with a lot of back bone: including vetoing bad planning decisions (Baymeadows Golf), holding the courthouse to a number, and the moratorium on incentives.

I'm not saying I like all his decisions. I don't. But attacks on men of public service should be warranted, backed up, and more than one line. Especially if done anonymously. If you have relevant experiences with him that you would like to share I'd like to hear them.

Archived