Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

Downtown Durham

8 posts in this topic

durhamnight.jpg

The American Tobacco Project is located next to Durham's downtown ballpark and will have retail shops and condos

durham.jpg

durham2.jpg

durham3.jpg

durham4.jpg

I am getting ready for a photo shooting session of Durham, probably by mid-December. I will include updates on projects. (PompeyJohnson, I count on you, man.)

It has an excellent attendance record. I think better than any other team in North Carolina. Part of that is due to the popularity of the movie "Bull Durham". That really made baseball popular in Durham.

The ballpark seems to be doing a great job attracting more development. The ballpark is what helped get the American Tobacco project of the ground. But there are other proposals adjacent to the ballpark such as another office building and a perforimg arts center.

In terms of Durham's ballpark surroundings, Durham is also number one. You just can't beat the urban historic tobacco warehouse theme. This will likely be the theme for Winston-Salem's proposed downtown ballpark.

The ballpark has certainly worked to the advantage of DT Durham, as it created the initial momentum required. Once the Tobacco project gets completed and the "twin" tower gets built, Durham's urban fabric will receive a much needed boosting. I have little doubt that DT Durham will soon become the very vibrant center of activity for the City of Medicine.

BTW, that aerial picture is awesome. Where did you find it?