Detroit's historic Woodbridge neighborhood

hudkina

Located just west of the Midtown neighborhood lies Woodbridge. Despite the fact that large portions of the surrounding area have fallen on hard times, through its neighborhood organization, Woodbridge has been relatively unscathed. Blight hasn't completely been put at bay, though preservationists are swooping in and buying the few remaing homes yet to be renovated. Nearby, townhomes are being built on land once occupied by a housing project.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the Woodbridge neighborhood:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great tour. Though I'm not particularly fond of Woodbridge (don't know why that is though, it just irks me) it looks like an ideal place to raise a family. Space for the kids to play, away from major traffic, and a large percentage of homes that are being kept up. Maybe I'll just need to walk around there myself some time and get a feel for it.

EDIT: Alright, I've changed by opinion of some of Woodbridge. Mostly because the exteriors didn't give any idea of the stunning interiors. So I'm unfair, yes I'll admit it. Anyway, a glimpse of the interior of one place can be found here:

http://www.detroiturbanliving.com/listingv...hp?listingID=36

I'm in love. It reminds me of a place a few friends I had in Chicago shared.

WS

Archived