Pictures of New Building Construction in Charlotte

dxartist

I actually remember seeing a projected finish date for the new courthouse of Spring 2006 sometime well over a year ago.  I remember thinking to myself (wow, they must be ahead of schedule or something... is it REALLY going to take that long?? 

(I think it was one of those .pdf files that charlottecentercity.org used to have with all the different new projects on it.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG! the latest centercity partner's development report lists it for completion in January 2007!!!

http://www.charlottecentercity.org/files/p...FTOKEN=60130734

Surely that is a typo. 7/03 - 1/07 to construct an 8 story building is just crazy.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Projects Update.....

I figured this would be the properish place to put this write up. Couldn't decide where to put this because it is about the avenue, the courtside, epicenter, the vue, and 500 morehead, and trademark, all in one. Today I took my lunch break and decided I needed to run some errands, aka, play hookey for a lil while.

Going down morehead to drop off my cable bill I noticed that well, "the bests uses are no longer to come", aka 516 or whatever it was W or E Morehead is gone, at least the sign is, I dunno if that has been posted before.

Courside is looking amazing at least from the correct angles, the service elevator shaft seems to be coming down, and I am wondering if there are gonna be windows or balconys that replace where its been. I also saw that there was 7,500 sq. ft of restaurant/ retail available. Anyone heard who could be going there. Court 6 seems to be about 3 stories tall now too.

the Vue sales center, I took a little peak inside for the first time, god I wish I had my camera, I saw the model of the city, Its just like I imagined, the vue with the spires is gonna be pretty tall, I'm very excited about this project, its by far my favourite.

Trademark, foundation supports blah blah

Avenue, same thing.

Epicenter, driving steel....

Wachovia Main, almost completed

back to work before my boss notices I've been gone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This summer is going to be amazing for cranes. Some of you guys are keeping track better than I am, but here is what I have for Summer 2006:

2 at Trademark

1 at Avenue

2 at Epicenter

1 at Ritz

1 at Levine Children's Hospital

1 at Lamplighter

1 at the old Children's Theater

Did I miss any?

Archived