Pictures of New Building Construction in Charlotte

dxartist

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: I'm not going to remove it and correct my earlier post, because it is sheer comedy. I looked at another picture and only saw one crane, and accidentally posted another photo, which, um, proves that there is a second crane. No excuses. Just, um, make that "2" cranes for CMC :).

This summer is going to be amazing for cranes. Some of you guys are keeping track better than I am, but here is what I have for Summer 2006:

2 at Trademark

1 at Avenue

2 at Epicenter

1 at Ritz

1 at Levine Children's Hospital

1 at Lamplighter

1 at the old Children's Theater

Did I miss any?

The Lamplighter will be down by then, and the old Children's theatre never had one.

The one on Fenton Place might possibly still be up then, but I have my doubts.

There is a chance that there could be cranes at Citadin and Garrison this summer as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

By winter, in addition to those mentioned by dubone, we should see cranes at Quarterside, C, and The Park (maybe), and maybe Wachovia to help with the parking deck.

• 3 months later...

im actually tired of all the large scale superblock development... It's nice to see incremental developments like this, that give the streets a real sense of scale and development over time. It complements the older buildings next door by not trying to be one of them. i think the arena tower, although huge in comparison is another good example. The Presto Grill isnt too shabby if something would be built alongside it.

• 2 months later...

I believe the separate structure under construction on the right side is supposed to get a good bit taller, if in fact that is the surgical tower....it's hard to tell from this angle....if so, it's supped to be a total of 14-15 stories, and will be the tallest part of the hospital.

The Levine hospital I believe is to the left of that large vergitcal concrete slab that extends all the way up. I believe the surgical tower is to the right of that slab.....this is a bad angle to see it. It was originally 7 stories, and was approved for a 4-story addition. They have since requested another addition of 3 or 4 floors....I don't know what the status is on that request, but I don't think it was going to be too controversial since I believe they were just shifting beds, rather than adding them. The surgical tower expansion is a completely separate from the Levine Tower, though I think they hired the same Project Manager to do both projects for coordination sake....they also just built a new power plant as well.

Archived